Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the windshield on my 1999 GL1500SE. I am thinking on going 2 inches shorter so I can see over the shield. anyone have any opinions? I also thought that if I have to look through the windshield I might as well go to one that is higher than standard to get more wind and rain protection.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts

·
Vendor
169 Posts
F4 Customs shield

Thanks for the flowers Ron and tfdeputydawg! Cuemaster49, our shield is one you can have confidence in looking through, 100% optical clarity and unmatched rain shedding are our guarantee! We do not offer a minus 2" for the 1500, but will be glad to cut one down for you if you choose that route. Keep in mind, we will have tinted shields available for the beginning of the 2013 rally season, something unique in the market. Have a great day! Oh, and don't forget our 4-year warranty!

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Love my Windbender HP adjustable windshield that I view over.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Not a shot at our sponsor, but I'm a Windbender fan also. I'd likely have an F4 if I didn't have what I do

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sorry I'm no help here. I got an oversized Markland and have no idea what I's replace mine with when the time comes, probably a F4.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I probably should've checked in here before buying but I just finished installing a Slipstreamer. It slopes back quite a bit more than the stocker. I'm not entirely comfortable with that but I'll check in again after the weekend.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Need to know which shield is best for my co-rider, regarding wind & noise, which, so far, with the standard 1800, 2010 Wing shield, doesn't do the trick. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I have a tall wrap around. I'm gonna loose the wrap around and go short enough to see over next. I also want one with a vent in it. I want to be able to see over it because from time to time at night mine gets glare on it and I have to stretch up to see over the shield to see clearly. I do love the rain protection that the tall wrap around provides though.

·
Vendor
169 Posts
Our take.....

Need to know which shield is best for my co-rider, regarding wind & noise, which, so far, with the standard 1800, 2010 Wing shield, doesn't do the trick. Any suggestions???
Our +4 windshield was designed for the passenger. It virtually eliminates head buffeting and mic noise. It is guaranteed optically perfect for great vision and sheds rain like no other shield. Maintenance is easy, just clean with F4 Customs Windshield Cleaner or any Windex-type (alcohol-based) cleaner and PAPER TOWELS. You will never scratch an F4 shield with a clean paper towel. Call us for more info, 330-968-4644. Ride safe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.