Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm thinking about changing windshields. I've got the stock one at it's highest position and the top is right in my field of vision. I don't want to lower it because I get too much head wind.. I want to keep the vent but don't want to purchase a shield that will flap in the wind while I'm cruising at 90MPH :D

That being said, what's you suggestions :confused: There's so many of them out there and I don't want to guess at this.. It can get expensive !

Thanks In Advance Folks

Bingo

·
Registered
59 Posts
Everything I read the wind shield should be at the level of the bridge of the nose and you should look over not thru. Many riders have the extended type that you look thru and the wind goes over top. I don't know if I would like to look thru the shield plus my safty glasses. How's that in the rain?? I could not lose the vent,, it keeps me going thru those summer months.

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
The F4 is a very popular replacement model. It is thick and strong. I have personally flexed one and it doesn't move. You could shell out $300.00 +/- for this one. The second is the National Cycle V-Stream. Kind of funny shaped but those who have it love the positive air dynamics for the rider and passenger. The V-Stream is shown here: http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/VStream_GL.shtml

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chopin114,

Not sure how I feel about te shape of the V-stream but I like the GL1800 F4 plus 4" windshield..
Can anyone chime in on the V-stream? Does it really make a big difference in the amount of wind you experience?

Thanks
Bingo

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
Thanks Chopin114,

Not sure how I feel about te shape of the V-stream but I like the GL1800 F4 plus 4" windshield..
Can anyone chime in on the V-stream? Does it really make a big difference in the amount of wind you experience?

Thanks
Bingo
Back in May, one of our MIA members got the V-Stream. He posted his initial opinion here. Wish he were here to tell you in his own words but he hasn't been heard from since early August. Here is the post thread he started :http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3777 Hope your safe and happy " marcsvette " , wherever you are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
changing windshields

I used one of these years ago, fantastic windshields. I'm ordering one in the next couple months, the extra width really helps and you can get whatever height you want.
http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=25

Hello All,

I'm thinking about . I've got the stock one at it's highest position and the top is right in my field of vision. I don't want to lower it because I get too much head wind.. I want to keep the vent but don't want to purchase a shield that will flap in the wind while I'm cruising at 90MPH :D

That being said, what's you suggestions :confused: There's so many of them out there and I don't want to guess at this.. It can get expensive !

Thanks In Advance Folks

Bingo

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have had a Vstream now for over 6 months and it's great. It doesn't wiggle that much at speed. Will move a bit in truck wash but everything does so I am not concerned. It altered the wind for me slightly but the biggest change was for the passenger seat. No more complaints of wind buffeting her head around. That makes it worth it in my book. It is easy to clean and after 6 months is still scratch free. Since I bought mine they have introduced a thicker one that doesn't wiggle at all. It's twice the money though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am a tad tall and with the stock shield all the way up, the buffeting on my helmets drove me nuts. I put the F4 (+4 with vent) on my 2010 Wing back in May. Yes, I look through it but it is crystal clear and even in rain, is not an issue. Sheds rain nicely. No more buffeting, less wind noise etc. It was simple to install and it is sturdier than the OEM. Only thing with the F4 is that it is not adjustable up and down but that does not bother me. I like it a lot!
Rob

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I bought the slipstreamer and so far am satisfied! Cost about 100 dollars!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts