Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the windsheild lowering racheting device
won't go to the netural position when raised all the way to the higest position on gl1800, 2007 model.It won't go down.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
My windshield sometimes seems to get stuck in the "all the way up" position. To fix it I pull up first and then it goes down.
tk

·
Registered
3 Posts
The trick(at least with mine) is to push inward then pull side to side until nearly furthest up and then pushing inward ratchet it down. Mine seems to work better pushing it inward when forcing it up/down. Don't forget the "release levers" from the drivers side.
JOHN

·
Registered
17 Posts
stuck windshield

the PULL UP method worked for me it reset the ratchet like it was suppose to, i was afraid the thing would come out if I did that so I checked the forum, THANKS MUCH for posting the method of correcting it, the whole thing is less than smooth, I am begining to wonder about my purchase, in any event nice folks here:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Owner's Manual is a Tool

the PULL UP method worked for me it reset the ratchet like it was suppose to, i was afraid the thing would come out if I did that so I checked the forum, THANKS MUCH for posting the method of correcting it, the whole thing is less than smooth, I am begining to wonder about my purchase, in any event nice folks here:D
I don't mean this is a derogatory way, but each Gold Wing comes with a manual, and there is a lot of great info about operating your Wing in there. The first 70 pages or so are a section titled, "Before Riding," and the windscreen operation is on page 63 or so.

I recommend that every rider, even the seasoned ones, take the time to at least familiarize themselves with the info in the Owner's Manual--it will save your bacon at some time in the future.

Remember, if all else fails, read the manual. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Manual

I have and did read the manual but know where does it say that A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF FORCE may be needed to full extend an reset the ratchet system, but I WILL SAY you are a master of the obvious and I WILL seek your input when the gas guage gets close to that e symbol:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Apologies to you personally, but, I was aiming my comment generally.

My point was that we should all read the manual. It's amazing how many folks just throw it in a drawer and never read it.

Also, I agree it could be written better.

Glad your problem is fixed and the board helped. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts