Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 08 wing a few days ago,I didn't think much about it but this morning when I want to work it was misting and I am looking through my windshield. Well the light bulb want off and realized that the windshield isn't adjusted right. Well I figured out how to raise and lower it (thanks utube) So do I keep it just below eye level or am I suppose to look through it??
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Most riders want to look over the edge. They'll put that top edge about as close to eyelevel as they can but still looking over it. The curve in the shield distorts the view.

But, personally, the first wing I owned was my first experience with a windshield, and it was 4 inches over stock. So I learned to ride a GL1800 looking thru and adapted to it. Plus it gives better wind protection to the passenger. I have a stock shield now and when I replace it, I'll go back to the +4.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I set mine up for lowest amount of buffeting without looking through it; the shield should be high enough to run the airstream over your head and not into your face. So start at the lowest setting then raise up one notch at a time until most of the buffeting goes away. Setting too high can cause a low pressure area around your helmet (feels like the air is lifting your helmet off your head). It's easier on my Concours 14 because it has an electric windshield.

=LJ=

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have it all the way down and I have to sit up real straight to see over it . So I think it will stay right there for now . I don.t get any buffering that I have notice . I'll get it up on the interstate this weekend and see for sure. I haven't used the cruise yet going to wait until I am more comfortable with it.
Pete

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
My first experience with the cruise was at 70 MPH and that was a mistake. If you feel you will be using it, turn it on before you start and then you'll only need to locate the button closest to your thumb to diengage, engage, or acelerate.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
What blk93 said, personal choice really. I prefer looking over in all but extreme conditions (cold/wet...REALLY wet) call for whatever works at the time. My Windbender has the lip on it so it has to be way up if I want to look through it. 95% of the time I'm looking over it, same as with the stock shields.

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
I agree that it is a personal preference thing. I like to look just over but have a lot of friends who like to look through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.