Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my '08 1800 today and rode it back from Houston, TX. It was 450 miles to my house and took me 5 1/2 hours. It sure runs sweet. :D :D
Selling my 1500 and I like the taller windshield on it. Wondering if it will fit my 1800?

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Welcome home, again. Well ? What do you think ? You feel taller in the saddle ? Less wind protected or more ? I've never drove a 1500, though I am a big fan of them.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely feel taller in the saddle but this windshield is shorter than on my 1500. That's why I am asking if I could swap them?
Man, can't believe the power of the 1800..no comparison with the 1500. Got seperated from my buddy going down to Galveston and catching up I looked down and was over 100..sure didn't feel like it. I love it!!! My 1500 has the air wings on it and this one doesn't. Felt like I was battered with the wind a little more and was hoping that it was due to no air wings... what do you think?
I have read posts concerning the GPS and yet I didn't have any problems with it...sure can't do any configuring while running so had to program what I wanted in the beginning.

Friend asked what I paid for it and I said it doesn't matter, what matters is that it IS paid for.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I'm going to guess "no". I have a 1500 windshield out in the garage collecting dust.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
did you try raising the windshield on the 1800

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Until it is " officially " stated that NO the 1500 windshield will not fit ( my gut guess also ), you might be looking into the F4 windshield. They have two options: F4 Plus2 which is two inches taller than the stock ( and up/down adjustable ) ; F4 Plus4 which is 4 inches above stock and not adjustable up/down because it is wider. If you are comfortable with looking " through " a windshield all the time, the Plus4 model will reduce the side wind buffeting with the added width. Unless I couldn't see them in your picture, the first deflectors you want to put on are those that mount under the mirrors. A little $16 item I like is the steering tunnel foam inserts. They plug up those gaping slots at the handlebar tree and add a quiet stillness to the center dash area. As always, start with the least expensive add ons and work your way up.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Not to be a nag GD, but travelling at 100+ does increase the wind buffetting some;). Chopin might be onto something with those inserts though, might have to go there meself...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The 1500 shield will NOT work on the 1800, So many different shields available for the 1800, but first try raising it all the way up and seeif that helps. When you raise it up you must bring it ALL THE WAY before you can lower it again.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Joe but I did raise it all the way up before I left TX. The original shield is really flemsy also, not very thick. I guess the 1500 tall and wide Show Chrome shield has spoiled me.
From the garnish to the top it measures 25.5 X 33 wide. The original is 21X29. I looked at Wingstuff and found the Show Chrome but don't know which model it is. I definitely don't want the one that tilts back. I have ridden with one of those and hit my head EVERY time getting on and off.

·
Registered
102 Posts
New bike

Ok, now you need to change your avitar picture so we can see the new ride. Or put a pic in the body of your posts eh?:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts