Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to go with a windbender on my 2012 " Candy Red" GW. If anyone has pictures or a personal opinion on what color top shield looks best, I would appreciate it... Got a decision to make.

May get a ST and a HP shield. Thx in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I have 15" Windbender HP with dark amber base and clear top shield. Get optional spring loaded knobs vs removable pins. You'll drop and lose the pins.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Still in a indecision mode here between the Windbender and the V-Stream. I've never personally come across a rider with the bronze tint top, but set against the Candy Red color it would look sweet , in my mind's eye.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I'll probably end up with the V-Stream Special Edition. The adjust-ability is the same as the stock, and I'm an adjuster rider ( even known to adjust it riding down the freeway at 75 mph.) I'm not too keen on the distorted shield ( by design ), but the Windbender does have the center posts.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
On motorcyclegear.com, they are advertising them for sale at 394 bucks.
I bet they are !!!!!! I'm committed to purchasing mine from " Shinhopples. com ". Nice small business in NY. He advertises $355.45 , but advises you to
"Before you purchase, contact us on our toll free number to see if we have any "Shop Specials!".
For you, I still recommend the " Windbender " ( it has a nice Lakota ring to its name ) , and that bronze tint......... yes!

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I bought a Windbender HP with the factory blem discount. Couldn't find the blem.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Here's a pic of my Windbender. Dark smoke lower, mid smoke upper. Kerry, you should have said something when we were in Kalispell, you could have taken my bike for a run and tested the screen out.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Here's a pic of my Windbender. Dark smoke lower, mid smoke upper. Kerry, you should have said something when we were in Kalispell, you could have taken my bike for a run and tested the screen out.:rolleyes:
Oh yeah, I was eying it up, LOL. I have no doubt that it works as advertised and you had confirmed that in some earlier postings. For me me though I think it's the ST that I would probably go for, but I wish I could confirm that it would reduce the passenger buffeting enough with the ST windshield lowered to the point of just looking over. I really do not want a look through like the F4.

I just really like the whole concept of the X-Screen though with it looking like stock and having all the electric hardware hidden. My biggest question there though is pretty much the same as for the Windbender - will it change the buffeting situation enough even with the screen raised only to where I'm just looking over? That screen looks very much like stock although they do indicate that it's not the same.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
In all fairness, the bike had just been cleaned when I took that photo; didn't look nearly that good an hour before. 600 miles of rain, fog and bugs on the way to Salmon Arm. One of the things I like about the Windbender (when it doesn't have the electric controller mounted) is the fact that you can easily remove the top section and get both pieces nice and clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.