Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really thinking about getting one. Curious which one you got, color and heigth?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Here's mine I think it's the ST model in med tint (mates the bike somewhat and it's not the tall version) on the upper, darker on the bottom half. As with a couple other things the electric adjust module isn't on yet (sigh, I need 4-6 more hours a day and another couple days in the week)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
It's Mesquite Metallic (YR292), not sure if it was available in the States. It'd close to Titanium but a bit darker as it has a hint of brown in the pearl and/or the base paint. Changes hues in different light much more noticably than the Titanium and the Silvers do.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine is Has the dark lower and the turned up lip upper, came on the bike. Because of the lip I look over the top. I like it, but have no comparisons.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
B, oh, no, no, no!!!! More hours and days in the weekend, absolutely. In the week.....absolutely not!

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I have the HPS Windbender. The ST model does not have the curved lip and is intended to look thru. The HP has the curved upper lip and is designed to look over and not through because the lip causes visual distortion. The letter S refers to "short" as they have two sizes; short and standard. Since I am short at 5'7" I chose the S model so I could easily see over it. Mine is the dark tint at the lower screen and clear on top. I also chose the machined pull out knobs vs the pull out pins as this is an option and a worthy one as one can't pull out the pins and lose them. I also bought a factory blem at a discount because my experience with windshields is that blems are usually minor and hard to find and besides after installing on my bike it becomes a blem after using it.

Love the windshield, no buffeting on my wife in upper mode. Ride in summer in high heat in Texas at lowest setting and therefore get plenty of ventilation. Windshield also keeps my helmet bug free. The Windbender will be the only windshield on my bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the HPS Windbender. The ST model does not have the curved lip and is intended to look thru. The HP has the curved upper lip and is designed to look over and not through because the lip causes visual distortion. The letter S refers to "short" as they have two sizes; short and standard. Since I am short at 5'7" I chose the S model so I could easily see over it. Mine is the dark tint at the lower screen and clear on top. I also chose the machined pull out knobs vs the pull out pins as this is an option and a worthy one as one can't pull out the pins and lose them. I also bought a factory blem at a discount because my experience with windshields is that blems are usually minor and hard to find and besides after installing on my bike it becomes a blem after using it.

Love the windshield, no buffeting on my wife in upper mode. Ride in summer in high heat in Texas at lowest setting and therefore get plenty of ventilation. Windshield also keeps my helmet bug free. The Windbender will be the only windshield on my bike.
I was leaning towards the ST, but after your comments and reading more I may have to go with the HP. One question I have about the HP, that I haven't saw or missed, is the base shield still adjustable? While my Wife doesn't ride much, I work days she works nights, I liked the full the idea of 8 inches of travel to make it better for her, though i sit higher than her when she is on the bike.

Also did you do the install of the pins or have them do it? I was going to order them also, then this winter install them.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
My apologies Ridefree, mine is the HD short as well, had the initials on the models muxed ip. It has the curved lip also. I find it's a very versatile and effective screen. Perfect for our changeable weather ans mixed seasons around here. It's awesome in rain!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Late to the game here, but I just finished a long ride with my Windbender HP-S. I'm 6', 32-in inseam, and the numbers said I need the short. It works brilliantly up to about 110km/h (65+ mph) but above that I guess the speed just forces some air across the top of my helmet and there's buffeting. It's better than stock, even then.

The Windbender folks make a Rake Kit for higher speeds. I will look into it but I am not sure how much more sustained speed riding I'll do so I'll probably not get it yet.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
As with a couple other things the electric adjust module isn't on yet (sigh, I need 4-6 more hours a day and another couple days in the week)
Seems like I heard the same story a few years back about the electric motor drive still sitting in the box. Reminds me of the ole boy who bought a new chain saw but couldn't cut much faster than his old bow saw. Takes it back to the store and the salesman fires it up and the buyer says; what's that noise? :LaughHard:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I have the same setup as Budoka, plus I bought a clear ST upper shield just to see the difference. The ST does not throw the air anywhere near as high over the shield as does the HPS. I had thought that maybe if I put the ST just barely under my line of sight that I could still look over and also provide more calmer air for my wife, but that's not the case. She said right away that the HPS was better for her and I noticed the same. Haven't tried raising it up enough to look through yet.

I find the Windbender definitely helped a lot with the buffeting. I get VERY calm air in my face (I wear a FF helmet but always ride with it open unless it's really cold or really raining). My wife still says she gets a bit of buffeting, but much less than with stock, and I can hear quite a bit less wind noise from her intercom. I'm not as sold on it in the rain as others seem to be. Not sure if I don't lower it enough or what but I find the calm air around my face really makes the rain just sit on my visor, which along with my visor fogging up tends to make rain riding a little more dicey. If I lower the shield far enough to get some wind on my visor, the buffeting kicks back in. Maybe just a case of can't have everything?

All in all, I'm very happy with it and glad I bought it. I also bought the electric option which I REALLY like! Not a necessity by any stretch of the imagination, but a luxury I especially enjoy each time I come off the highway and lower the windscreen way down out of the way.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Here's mine I think it's the ST model in med tint (mates the bike somewhat and it's not the tall version) on the upper, darker on the bottom half. As with a couple other things the electric adjust module isn't on yet (sigh, I need 4-6 more hours a day and another couple days in the week)
That's a good looking ride bud. Nice colour. That's one I haven't seen before. :doublethumb:

·
Registered
67 Posts
That looks like an HP-S. It's not an ST, ST stands for "Straight Top"

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Seems like I heard the same story a few years back about the electric motor drive still sitting in the box. Reminds me of the ole boy who bought a new chain saw but couldn't cut much faster than his old bow saw. Takes it back to the store and the salesman fires it up and the buyer says; what's that noise? :LaughHard:
Well Dan I may be crazy, but don't think I'm quite that daft:icon_lol: Really just a simple case of finding one a these:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.