Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently own a 2009 HD Roadglide. A problem is wind noise which has been addressed with a Clearview Shield and Lowers however this has not solved my problem and I am very interested in purchasing a 2008 Goldwing. I took a rode test on the bike and found no evidence of wind noise. Are they any issues with noise and I am very concerned that I will make the right choice with the Goldwing?? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Macro, welcome to the forum from Pa. I found your post interesting in that you had a problem with "wind noise" riding a Harley which most of us who ride Goldwings find too "loud". But I understand your question regarding wind. Most folks that ride a Wing will tell you that wind is probably the one thing you can hear on the bike, but I don't think most find it objectionable. If we do, we usually turn the radio up a notch.. The other thing is the fact they are motorcycles and no matter what you do you will always have to deal with wind at some level.

My suggestion is to take a Wing for a test ride and see for yourself. Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome Marco. Wind is about all the noise you will hear on a wing. To get around that we just turn up the tunes in the headsets.
Are you really trying to address wind buffeting. If thats the case the wing does a pretty good job of handeling that. If your taller then most then maybe a 2" or 4" taller windscreen on the wing might be required.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Marco: I'll be out in Phoenix on March 16th. and enjoying three days of riding. I usually rent a RoadKing and do some nice day trips. I've been doing this for the last three years. Now I have a GoldWing so I'll will see how the RoadKing feels this time. Maybe I'll do the RoadGlide this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts