Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,just installed my cardo freecom4+ headsets in my 3/4 helmets( two up) on a 2018 Goldwing dct,went for the first ride today,lot of wind from the passenger of course,have done plastics,other socks over the years on my previous bikes,does anyone know where I can purchase a sock that works for the wind noise,is there a sensitivity adjustment in the settings on the bike for the wind noise like on the previous bikes?while on intercom can I talk to my passenger while listening to the radio at the same time,are do I have to turn intercom off?In other words does the intercom override the music when you talk?have not tried the gps yet,trying to resolve these issues first before opening another can.any info would be great,Thanx,and safe riding:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Download the Cardo app for either your Iphone or Android. Link the phone to your freecom4+ headset. Under settings there are quite a few adjustments you can make to the headset. The boom mike that you got with your headset kit should have an extra large foam ball to go over each mike. Cardo's mikes also are direction sensitive. There should be a small embossed arrow, possibly white in color, that should be pointing towards the user. On my Packtalk Bold the intercom will override the music or it can be set up to suppress music or radio to the background, not sure about the freecom4+. Phone calls, if you answer them, will override everything; inetercom, music, and radio.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had the same concern used the large Mic sock that I got with my open face helmet dock, found it works much better than the small sock that came with my hybrid mike. I found that this cancelled over 90% of the wind noise from my wife's mic , they can be ordered from Cardo if you only received the small one with your unit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes,that's all that comes with the freecom 4+,i will have to see about getting a couble of them,i have the headset paired with the bike,(2018 goldwing dct)playing with it in my shop,i can not get it to change stations,it says to press will up and roll forward for auto scan,guess I need to play with it some more,i have it on a station now,107.3on the headset,104.1 on the bike,a lot of static on the right side,clear on the left,not sure whats going on there,i know I do not have as many options going through the bike,but if possible I would like to stay away from the phone,not looking good,is anybody else using it this way,tryed the voice commands,hey cardo,volume up,it works,hey cardo,next station,does not work,which way to go George!i want to have the gps promts come through the headset also,have not done a route yet,so not sure if this will work either,are will I have to pair the headsets with the gps on the bike separately for this to work?Thanx guys,ride safe

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you need help cause their instructions could be a lot better call them as I did and they walked me through all the questions I had and even followed up a couple days later to make sure everything was working. Customer service like that is refreshing now days.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Barry,i think that's what I need to do,i have not even scratch the surface yet,to many things going at one time,again thanx,and safe riding

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what bike are you riding,helmets,are you using stock windshield,yep,i am sure there is a fix,i just got to go through the process again,trial and error,that would be great if I can find that fix,will call cardo tomorrow after work and maybe they can tell me some magic,again,thanx,and safe riding

1 - 8 of 8 Posts