Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its True, 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the Soul.

Seven weeks ago I was recovering in a hospital bed after a 12 hour
surgery for Skin Cancer to my left cheek.It was a total success,
I'm strong again and 2 thumbs up from the doctors.Todays technology is awesome. Much of my recovery time was spent thinking about riding my 85 LTD again,that was strong motivation to do what it takes to heal up quickly.The 12 inch incision in my leg used for the skin graft healed beautifully with 100% leg strength again,very important for balancing a full dresser.

My first ride again will likely make this tough old boy choke up a bit and say "I'm Back" ,I love the wind in my face, did I mention I just turned 65 and Riding has been a lifelong experience :)

Ride safe,
Robert

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Glad to hear your surgery went well, and glad to hear you are back out there on the Wing. Your right about riding. Folks who have never experienced a motorcycle don't know what they are missing. Love to ride also, ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Good for you Robert. Here Here to your 1st ride & may more.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... After 4 Life Altering Surgeries In 7 Months My First Ride After Months In The Hospital Was The - Best - And They Just Keep Getting Better ... Congrats. On You're Recovery ... Oh ... Did I Mention I Too Ride A 85 Ltd ... Must Be Something In The Bike ... Many Miles And Many Smiles Ahead ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... Howdy ... After 4 Life Altering Surgeries In 7 Months My First Ride After Months In The Hospital Was The - Best - And They Just Keep Getting Better ... Congrats. On You're Recovery ... Oh ... Did I Mention I Too Ride A 85 Ltd ... Must Be Something In The Bike ... Many Miles And Many Smiles Ahead ... Happy Trails ...
No matter what our age we must have "Faith,Goals,and keep busy"
Riding is a passion so "Ride On" Thanks for your words they are encouraging to us my Brother.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
congrats on your recovery robert and are you planning to go for a ride before years end? my injury kept me from riding for ten years and i remember that ride like it was my first ride

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Life can throw us some nasty curves and we can't do much about what is thrown our way but we can control how we deal with it. Your positive attitude is a great example for the rest of us. Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A positive attitude will make recovery much easier. These profound words are from the experience of 6 heart attacks!
Ride safe & enjoy life!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts