Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,have just pieced together a gl1000 engine made a set of carbs out of some scrap sets ,fitted with newtronic ignition.dont have the right coils ,in the box of bits that arrived there was a ballast but no coils ,can i use any 12v coils with double leads,(which i have) or do i have to use only gl1000 coils which i believe run about 7 volts.also does it matter if i wire the coils the wrong way,have had a spark but its very weak.there is no loom everything is hot wired
earlier today borrowed a set of coils with a ballast and the engine ran to eliminate the electronic ignition,but sadly i had to return them ,so i was wondering what else i could use thats available off another bike,any help would be appreciated ,steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you have the electronic ingition i think you need a special set as opposed to the points, when i bought my accel coils they make points and electrical sets of coils. Im not for sure but just going by accel. hope this helps.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
according to the newtronic ignition website,the ignition uses the standard coil setup,anyway have found an unknown set of coils which with a ballast fitted seem to spark ,so they must be points coils originally,just got to sort the stupid exhaust pipes someone had made and silence them as the Mrs told me to turn it off as it was far tooooo loud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts