Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a decent looking 78 Gl1000, and am in the process of cleaning it up. its a naked wing, and i wanted to give it a retro look. the 78 GL's have 5-spoke steel rims, but i'd like to install the wire spoke rims from previous years. i have found a pair that came off a '76 GL. i wanted to know if there is anyone else who has tried it out. i can't seem to find any information to see if this works.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF motormuscles. i'll see what i can find out about that

·
Registered
14 Posts
wheel to wheel

i have a 77(which came with spokes)and it has mag wheels on it, so the reverse should also be true. i read somewhere that the rear spoke wheel caused some kind of trouble at high speeds(dont remember where).when i bought the bike it had a mag on the front and a spoke on the rear, just last night i replaced the spoke with a mag i had bought day before yesterday, it was a straight bolt in swap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
5 Spoke rear wheel rim.

thats sounds awesome... i think i'm definitely going to get those wheels now. thanks for the help.
I have a '78 GL1000 naked wing, it has the 5 spoke wheels but i appear to have developed a wobble in the rear wheel rim. If any of you are interested in selling, let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a '78 GL1000 naked wing, it has the 5 spoke wheels but i appear to have developed a wobble in the rear wheel rim. If any of you are interested in selling, let me know.
the article i read said the spoke wheel was trouble at high speeds and the mag was the cure...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts