Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: First a little background. I am sure you all know that my wife and I both got new to us bikes in the spring. I went from an 85 Aspencade to my 95 SE (Which I love by the way), and she got a 2009 Shadow 750. Well, she never rides hers, for 2 reasons. First, after she rode on the back of the 95 wing, she fell in love of being a passenger again. Second, she has a bad shoulder, and it really bothers her to ride her own. We thought it was a torn rotator cuff, but turned out not to be that, and dont really know what it is. Docs told her on Friday, that she may have to live with it. Anyways, one day I was giving her crap about never riding hers, just joking with her. The dealer where I got mine, has 2 1800's, both of them orange which is one of my favorite colors. 1 is a 2002, and the other is a 2003. Anyways, I jokenly told her, we should trade both of ours in on one of those. Well, today she told me we should do it. :eek: I told her lets wait to see how her shoulder is next summer, and maybe then we would think about it. What a wife!:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd ask if she has a single sister, but I reckon I can't complain. When I get to drooling over the Wings in a shop she just rolls her eyes and traipses off to oogle the VTwins. ;)

I wouldn't wait till next summer. Get the newer bike while the iron is hot. Between now and next summer the roof may come off the house or some other such calamity that really shouldn't interfere with "toy money".. Which may end this all-too-rare bout of reason in one of our estrogen-laden counterparts. And then you'll be SOL. Life happens.

I ain't sayin, just sayin. :D d:^) Schneeks..

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Awesome....she must be kin to my wife!

One thing Big Daddy, Make sure you check that all the recalls are done. Frame, etc.....

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Buy it now before she changes her
Mind

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Awesome....she must be kin to my wife!

One thing Big Daddy, Make sure you check that all the recalls are done. Frame, etc.....

Mark
Your wife sounds like mine, when I tryed to talk myself out of my 2006 last year she said you better get it you deserve it, and I don't want to here you wine later when you could of had it.:eek: She is the best:D right my love.:rolleyes::p;)

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I seen a 1500 the other day in tip top shape I joked with my wife that it would be cool to have a 2 nd she stopped the next day to go talk to the guy. It it was already sold
, she was going to buy it for me

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
The verdict is in "Wives are awesome". I know I wouldn't trade mine.;)

Good luck with the transaction B.D.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Yep, sounds like we both found a good one. My wife encouraged me to get a new bike once we rebuilt the house after Katrina. Then she was good with getting the Wing so she would be more comfortable riding.

Wait, that second one was for her.... Darn, she had me fooled there for a while.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I seen a 1500 the other day in tip top shape I joked with my wife that it would be cool to have a 2 nd she stopped the next day to go talk to the guy. It it was already sold
, she was going to buy it for me

The verdict is in "Wives are awesome". I know I wouldn't trade mine.;)

Good luck with the transaction B.D.
Yep, sounds like we both found a good one. My wife encouraged me to get a new bike once we rebuilt the house after Katrina. Then she was good with getting the Wing so she would be more comfortable riding.

Wait, that second one was for her.... Darn, she had me fooled there for a while.
Sounds like to me we all are very lucky with the women in our lives! Such a rarity these days!

Mark

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Yes we are and you just have to love that.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Just do it. My wife is the one that told me to by the '09 (she didn't like riding on the ST) and that I'd be stupid if I didn't. I always trust her judgement, look who she married!;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, I did tell BigDaddy he could use mine to trade up for a newer one. I really do enjoy my own bike, but I think since my shoulder has been bugging me, its kinda deflated my will to ride mine. Plus, since he has the 95 wing, with the radio, and it rides so nice, I kinda like the being the passenger again. I am just thankful I know how to ride a motorcycle. It is something I never thought I could do. And I have driven my motorcycle to Sturgis, which was a dream of mine to do. So we'll see what next summer brings......I love my husbands passion when he enjoys something, he makes me want to enjoy it as well. Unlike my first husband, whom forced me to do stuff I didn't want to do.....at all.
I think the wives on this board are lucky as well to have such wonderful husbands who will share their passions with them! ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
I think a lot of the guys on here are lucky to have wives!! :eek:

:D

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats to all that have great wives......mine told me she no longer wanted to be with me after 11 yrs...and has a new boyfriend already...:( . Live each day like it is your final day!
I can feel your pain. My first wife left me after 10 years, without even giving it a try. Took my 2 year old son, and moved 1000 miles away. Bitch! Told her I might some day forgive her for leaving, and giving up on us, but I will hate her for the rest of my life, and NEVER forgive her for taking my son away. And yes, I fought my ass off in court to make it so she couldnt take him.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hear ya gmoney. It took me a long time to get over it. I just dont understand how someone can just walk away without fighting.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
A recent conversation between me and my wife about my feelings for her:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine SO wanted me to wait a year after the accident last year (4/11). A simple trip to the dealer and a seat on the 2012 had her saying we should be buying this, by 7/2 it was a done deal. It's going in for its 20K service tomorrow. I love that woman!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.