Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi to all,
We are first time bike owners, a 2003, GL 1800 trike. I call it our "Mid-Life Crisis sissy bike" because I'm too chicken to get on a 2 wheeler. Anyway, we are having radio problems and don't know where to turn for help with it. We replaced the radio not long after hubby purchaced the trike and now this one is not working. We sought out sources about repairing it, to no avail and I have spent 5 hours today on the computer in search of another replacement. So far, I've only found one, with USA frequencies, on ebay for $550. Do any of you have any ideas for us? I've tried all sorts of searches, rearranging the wording all kinds of ways in hopes of bringing up a site which I hadn't already looked at. That's actually how I located this forum. Please, anybody, if you know of any sources, we would so appreciate your sending them to us. We won't stick around for help, but waste your time for us.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
First thing I would recommend is finding out why the radio went out in the first place, sounds a bit like there's more to it. There's some pretty sharp knives in this drawer, so hang in there, someone may have some ideas for you. Oh yeah, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you budoka for your response. If only we could find out what is wrong with the radio. I did locate a place that has a radio dissected, showing the individual parts, and sells the parts. Now we just have to figure out what part may be the nasty culprit. I've got my fingers crossed that some of those "sharp knives" you mentioned can assist.
Thanx for the "welcome."

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF mizjbh. have you tried serra electroincs

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
MixJBH, what is wrong with the radio, what is it doing or not doing? There are usually radio's on e-bay for $150.00, I have seen the one your talking about for $550.00 but you can get one for $150.00. The place that specializes in Gold Wing radio's and CB's is Sierra Electronics. contact them, here is the web site.
http://www.sierra-mc.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.