Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me '82 gl1100 is running great. She's gotten more love from me in the past two weeks that she's seen in the past 10 years at least...not ridden much, sat outside etc... I just replaced the stereo and speakers and am having issues. The old stereo worked I just wanted an upgrade. I used the same wiring that was already in place. hooked it up, sounds great, start the bike, no headlight and the signals don't flash (on but no flashy)...yikes! OK, I've got a short somewhere. I unhooked the stereo, same thing, no headlight or flashers. All fuses are tested and good...WTF? Any suggestions? The wiring itself is a bit of a mess from the PO...splices, some wires going to nowhere that I don't know the function of. BUT everything was working fine until I replaced the radio. I tried to get to the headlight socket to check the juice there but am unable to figure out getting to it? Must the entire fairing be dimantled to replace the headlight bulb? I'm dreading having to pay a shop to have a look...ughhhh!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All good! Found a wire that I must have giggled installing the stereo. Had a corroded connection. Sanded and wiped down both sides and evrything works as it should!:)

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
did you put any dielectric grease on it

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Because you forgot to put it back in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.