·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what it looked like after I yanked it. Always good to have the ability to run flat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little side note.....I don't think it punctured the tire. The pressure held after I pulled the bolt out and looked to still be holding after I got to school. It did make the God awe-fullest noise. I wasn't sure if I had blown my motor up or ran over something. Thank goodness it was the latter. That tire is sitting 12,500 miles....This MAY expedite a tire change.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Glad that worked out for you. It looks like I would have been sitting on the side of the road making a call for help.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked the tire pressure and looks like just a flesh wound.:doublethumb:

I don't recommend the Sand Mountain tire balancing method to be tried by an amateur.:faceplant:

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Just checked the tire pressure and looks like just a flesh wound.:doublethumb:

I don't recommend the Sand Mountain tire balancing method to be tried by an amateur.:faceplant:
Good to hear ! I'm thinking my next tire will be a c/t who mounted yours?

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to hear ! I'm thinking my next tire will be a c/t who mounted yours?
A fella in Boaz....Doesn't need Centramatics or Dyna-Beads....Just a tire and Cash:easy_button:

G

·
How the hell in the world did a bolt go throu like that? It looks like was shot from a gun.
You got screwed royally.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How the hell in the world did a bolt go throu like that? It looks like was shot from a gun.
You got screwed royally.
I was actually very lucky....I think I can put a few more miles on without a change.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Made it home without a hitch....:BigHand:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ref man you are just plain LUCKY man that was just scarey to look at. Glad you made it home ok and oh yea its time for a new tire.------------Hal

·
Registered
654 Posts
It stuck through the corner of your square tire.If you would have had a round tire it might have just rolled off or missed all together.:icon_lol:

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It stuck through the corner of your square tire.If you would have had a round tire it might have just rolled off or missed all together.:icon_lol:
This is what happens to round tires:FunnyFace:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Rats, I was gonna say that. @ well, none a them foreign objects would dare attempt my round tire(s)....super powers, ninja reflexes and all that

This is what happens to round tires:FunnyFace:
Dood, you want a REAL square tire? Park in my driveway some January overnight. You could park in neutral downhill and use no brake if you wanted to. Tires don't want to roll even with 400 hp driving them.

You can lead a horticulture but you cant make her think. :deadhorse:
Elloquent, as always. :icon_wink:

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
That sucks Phil. I'm glad the tire did what it was supposed to do.....Now it's time to lay that one to rest!

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
She has served you well. Hang her on a rope from a tree limb. Someday the gran-kids will use it and you can tell the story of your Darkside adventures.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That sucks Phil. I'm glad the tire did what it was supposed to do.....Now it's time to lay that one to rest!

Mark
She has served you well. Hang her on a rope from a tree limb. Someday the gran-kids will use it and you can tell the story of your Darkside adventures.
Hold up fellas.....Don't dig the hole yet. She has held pressure and at no point lost any. I think you may be jumping the gun.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Phil, The tire might be holding air, but probably has lost it's structural integrity & stability. :nono: Don't take any chances my friend.

Mark

1 - 20 of 48 Posts