Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had a gun on me I would have used it on the way to work the other day, it was 6 A.M. I was enjoying my trip to work like I do every morning on the way to work. I get a green light to turn on to the turnpike south bound at lake Worth road when this jerk in a Black GMC or Chevy SUV North Carolina tag 77969 decides he is in big hurry to try and beat the oncoming traffic I blast my loud horn at him and barley avoided him. I am in front of this jerk now and I go to slow down so I am not speeding through the toll plaza when this idiot goes to pass me and when he figures out that he is going to ram the toll booth
instead of stopping he pulls in my lane if I didn't jam the brakes and move over he would have hit me. needless to say I did everything to get this coward to pull over has he needed to have his teeth rearranged.
after all this the jerk is now going 55 MPH in a 70 MPH zone to try and keep me from getting his tag number. I have never felt the need to end someones life like I did that day and let me tell you if he crashed and was on fire I would not have pissed on him to put him out. It is just a matter of time before our paths cross again I wont say in this forum what I may do lets just leave it up to your imagination.
I am pretty sure I had the right away plus trying to panic stop on a wet road around a corner was not going to happen. regardless if I was right or wrong it doesn't give this jackass the right to use his SUV as a weapon. so if any of you south Florida riders spot this jerk he could use a facial adjustment.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Glad you don't carry a gun either! I don't match up well with idiots. I just get out of the way and live to fight another day. In the words of Gandhi, "Road Rage NEVER ends well"....ummm...maybe somebody else said that. Oh well its true, glad you survived.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I haven't had a road rage episode on the Wing yet, but I have had plenty in my service van. At least once a year I have to force a self- centered moron off the road and explain driving etiquette. After that I'm OK for awhile. Good for you for fighting back as best you could with the arsenal you had at hand.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I hope your post has helped to cool things down for you.
I have felt the urge to pull someone out of their vehicle and physically "discuss" their driving with them.
But, seriously, I hope you are only "talking" about shooting someone and not actually 'thinking" about doing it.
Next time at the 1st indication of a problem, pull off the road ASAP, let the idiot go on, cool down and live to ride another day.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I know you did the right thing ! I have to admit it is quite satisfying to drag an idiot like that out his window and separate him from a few of his teeth ! I felt much better afterward !!!!

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I have felt the urge to pull someone out of their vehicle and physically "discuss" their driving with them.
But, seriously, I hope you are only "talking" about shooting someone and not actually 'thinking" about doing it.
Next time at the 1st indication of a problem, pull off the road ASAP, let the idiot go on, cool down and live to ride another day.
Got to agree with the Deputy here:
Way back over 50 years ago a Buddy and I were on our way to a Dance out at Dorney Park, not far from Allentown, Pa. I was driving my customized 50 Ford, when a couple guys in a Chevy passed and cut me off. We gave chase, Mike and I were pretty big guys and had more guts then sense at time. They pulled over after a bit.
We bailed out and were on them. I grabbed the driver as he got out and was about to punch him when I heard Mike in a shakie voice say Ron. When I looked across the roof on the car, There they stood facing each other an arms length apart, the other kid had a pistol againt Mike's head.
The Kid with the gun was the smartest one there. He just said. Why don't you guys just get back in your car and leave. This could have turned out very bad. One or both of us could have been killed and the other guys could have spent a very long time in Jail if not life.
Please think before ever pull a gun.
I do carry when traveling.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I don't even own a gun but if I had one I am sure things would have ended up different, that is why I don't own a gun for the fear that one day I might have to use it. I have survived 42 years with out one
and I don't intend On going out and getting one. I am pissed because from my vantage point I was attacked with a vehicle I just hope that Carma catches up with this idiot and beats him down like the punk that he is.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
So many things to say here that has not been said, BUT first and foremost It matters not who is at fault, it matters not who is wrong the outcome is what matters. Your outcome was good. Both parties not locked up and both parties bodies in same condition they were in B4 the incident. I have personally seen car vs motorcycle road rage and you guessed it the car won. Biker dead.
Guns are great tools and lots of fun they are NOT the end all great solution to all problems. Riding a motorcycle and carrying a gun are so much alike. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can see you and you can see everyone else. You act that way and will be gone before trouble starts (most times). Anyone who thinks they can ride a motorcycle and shoot a hand gun and actually hit some one is an expert shot/rider or a fool. I lean toward fool.
You keep ridding safe and enjoy your life just because some butt head deserves a dose of 230 grains of lead doesnt mean you are the doc to inject him. Karma is a non bias and absolutely cold. He will get his no doubt! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Since I bought my wing 4 months ago the first accessories purchased were additional lights, front and back, to make me more visible on the road. I really like the volume of the horn too as just yesterday it alerted a driver in a black car I was there, before she pulled out of the side street. The best advice has been given, I think, use your horn to show you are peeved, then slow down and let the idiot out of the way. Many times I have passed drivers in a rush further up the road when they are in the ditch from driving too recklessly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got to agree with the Deputy here:
Way back over 50 years ago a Buddy and I were on our way to a Dance out at Dorney Park, not far from Allentown, Pa. I was driving my customized 50 Ford, when a couple guys in a Chevy passed and cut me off. We gave chase, Mike and I were pretty big guys and had more guts then sense at time. They pulled over after a bit.
We bailed out and were on them. I grabbed the driver as he got out and was about to punch him when I heard Mike in a shakie voice say Ron. When I looked across the roof on the car, There they stood facing each other an arms length apart, the other kid had a pistol againt Mike's head.
The Kid with the gun was the smartest one there. He just said. Why don't you guys just get back in your car and leave. This could have turned out very bad. One or both of us could have been killed and the other guys could have spent a very long time in Jail if not life.
Please think before ever pull a gun.
I do carry when traveling.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron
As a licensed CCW holder, and one who also carries pretty much full time, the responsibility that goes with carrying a firearm goes much, much further than having to deal with an idiot in a road rage situation.

I'm a noob here, but this is a subject I'm passionate about.

I fully understand the venting, but the analogy of using a firearm in a road rage incident does not sit well with me. But I'm grateful for all concerned there was no further issue and everybody went home to ride another day.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I agree with ya Eupher, to have power of any kind carries additional responsibility. For those who carry, they need to understand the situations that justify pulling a weapon and the consequences that follow.
I will say that as a biker, we are at a great disadvantage. Not only to cagers but also to the law. Here, raising your hand but not striking an individual is simple assault. In that context, I have been assaulted by a few cagers, speeding up as if to hit me when I have 'politely' asked them to back off by tapping my brakes. But I have no recourse and no proof but I have never seen it or heard of it here where someone was cited for assault in this situation. So I too am passionate about this subject. Everyone has to make up their own minds about what is right for them, I chose not to be a victim if I can help it.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Point to ponder:
Many times(not all)when people pull dangerous manuvers, they are already upset about something.
A blasting horn may the "trigger" that sets off a tragic road rage episode.
I lost a friend a few years ago because he was goning to get even for being wronged by driver of a car.
Won't tell the gory details but, a 900# cycle with an exposed rider is no match for a 4-wheel cage.
This is a good use for a cell phone. Get a plate #, pull over, call 911.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Great Point Dawg!!! I don't normally make eye contact with people in a car. Too many crazies looking for a reason to be a crazy.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Point to ponder:
Many times(not all)when people pull dangerous manuvers, they are already upset about something.
A blasting horn may the "trigger" that sets off a tragic road rage episode.
I lost a friend a few years ago because he was goning to get even for being wronged by driver of a car.
Won't tell the gory details but, a 900# cycle with an exposed rider is no match for a 4-wheel cage.
This is a good use for a cell phone. Get a plate #, pull over, call 911.
Yeah I called FHP for the good it did me.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Try Felons-R-Us next time:D:);)
To clarify that calling FHP did me no good was because the cage was from out of state. I am sure if the jerk was a local FHP would have paid him a visit.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
To clarify that calling FHP did me no good was because the cage was from out of state. I am sure if the jerk was a local FHP would have paid him a visit.
Thanks for taking the joke well.
I'd call anyway, you'd be amazed at how many of these maniacs actually get caught, when the dispatchers put out a BOL(Be on the Lookout for).
All one has to do is follow them for a while, they will give you a reason to stop them, at least for a little chat about driving habits, if for nothing else!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Regardless of what happens to the jerk I am sure he will rethink his driving habits on his own after the other day.I know I have.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Guns and Motorcycles

IMO a firearm on a motorcycle is as necessary as a bungi cord or a tool kit. The firearm is for defensive purposes, not to hunt down a vehicle driver and do him/her in! If an ignorant driver sends you into a rage, you have no business owing a firearm. When you encounter a vehicle driver acting stupid, back off!! Slow down, cool down and don't worry about a macho image. However, if the driver comes after you, get the hell off your bike and prepare to defend yourself because a road rager can kill you. I don't carry a pistol around all the time, however if I ever break down on a dark road late at night or early morning, the pistol will come out of the trunk and into a pocket.

I always tell folks that if your an old fart and never needed a gun to defend yourself, you'll probably never need one. If/When you use a gun to defend yourself your whole world will change. Right or wrong, your ass is going through the police and civilian ringer. Be sure you need to use deadly force before screwing up your life.

I speak from experience. I shot a man who robbed my shop. He used a stun gun on me, I had to fight with his partner and finally was able to reach a handgun to turn this robbery in my favor. I shot one man off my back, five times, and the other I held for the police.

I was accused by the perps of planting a weapon on them, using force and for not calling for an ambulance for the wounded perp. The police took my all the clothes I was wearing, my revover and questioned my to no end. To make a long story short: My call to 911 cleared me on the ambulance charge; the police found a 9 volt battery package in the back seat of the perp's car with one battery missing...that missing battery was in the stun gun. The perp's blood on my back, pants and shoes confirmed he was on my back when I shot him. All charges against me were dropped.

One perp got three yrs in prison, out in one...it was only his third felony. His partner got 20yrs on a plea bargain, he did 8yrs...it was his eighth felony.

I don't like guns! However, guns have saved my life numerous times in Viet Nam and as a civilian. Good Luck and I hope none of you riders ever have to defend your life against a bonafide threat. Sorry for the story but its true and it happened in Lake Worth, FL near the NE corner of Lake Worth Road and Congress Avenue.
Ride Safe You'all,
T-Rex

1 - 20 of 91 Posts