Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until 2012 Goldwing units were produced the Wing was 'Made in America'. So why are Harley riders reluctant to wave when passing other bikes on the road. I figure there are enough ex-HD riders on this forum to get to the truth. Do they wave at other HD riders???
Is there any wave etiquette in the USA or Canada or is it just wave if and when you please.
Most riders are very friendly when stopped, I just don't get the attitude.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Well I will say that there is enough of the attitudes with lots of brands. I have had Goldwing riders snub me when I'm on my Nighthawk (If they only knew). I have had a group of Nighthawk riders snub me when I was on my Wing.:confused: Go figure. Having said that I stopped trying to figure it out & wave, if they don't - Oh Well. As always this is just one Ole Fossil's opinion.

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Maybe its just the southern way....but I have never experienced any attitude on the road or stopped. We just wave at everybody riding. HOWEVER!!! I do believe when riding places that you pass tons of bikes like our "Trail of Tears", that there should be a Moratorium put on the wave......Just a suggestion;)

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
yesterday i took a ride from baltimore to Lancaster Pa , most of the harley guys didn't wave and even had one give me the finger , whatever i still wave to all

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
yesterday i took a ride from baltimore to Lancaster Pa , most of the harley guys didn't wave and even had one give me the finger , whatever i still wave to all
Gordo are you sure that maybe they didn't think you were an Amish buggy at 1st since you have that black bra on?:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Gordo are you sure that maybe they didn't think you were an Amish buggy at 1st since you have that black bra on?:D:D:D
lol im sure they seen the bright pearl yellow on the fender and on the saddle bags , amish people should get some yellow also so i can see them when i turn the corner

·
Registered
364 Posts
I will wave at every biker I see even if there across 4 lane hyw. Only time I dont is when im breaking or shifting gears,but I still give them a node. If they dont wave oh well at least I did .Most do wave back some dont. Hal

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I too wave to all two wheelers and even the three wheelers. Have ridden a lot of years and find that there isn't as much biker to biker courtesy as in the past. Harley riders wave as often as anyone else here in Central Washington.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
A lot of the Harley riders are posers / newbies and don't realize that people are waving at them. They are too busy looking at themselves in their mirrors.

I wave anyway. Who really cares.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
I wave when ever I can,no matter what they are riding
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Most of bikers around here wave--I haven't noticed a trend based on the brand of bike they're riding.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Some Harley owners have that silly macho attitude & probably don't wave at anyone. In fact, they probably don't care if you care or not. In fact, they would purposely NOT wave at you. They think they are tough guys. Some are. They like to be obnoxious - like the loud pipe thing.

But many are just nice people too - even the "hard core" ones. I usually wave at all big bikes if I feel it is safe for me to wave (lowered left hand), and if they don't wave back, oh well. The sport bikes - I will only wave to them if they wave first. They are a different class of rider with a whole different set of attitudes, and I think a lot of them drive the street like it is a racetrack.

At a stoplight I always smile and nod, no matter what type of bike it is.

Southern California has a lot of scooters and sport bikes. Usually when I'm riding around here I just want to get away from the crowds and cruise!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
A lot of the Harley riders are posers / newbies and don't realize that people are waving at them. They are too busy looking at themselves in their mirrors.

I wave anyway. Who really cares.
well larry i know this isn't true. i've ridden a few harleys and know for a fact that there is too much vibration in the mirrors to see yourself :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
I wave at everyone. I even wave at 7 year old kids on bicycles. I figure HD riders that don't wave are either afraid to let go of the bars or don't want to soil the image.
Strat

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
I had a Harley rider sum it up quite well. When I said I had a Honda his response was "It has two wheels doesn't it?" They aren't all bad. :)
On a trip several years ago on the CM400, we had more HD riders wave than the Wing riders!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Wrap your legs around a 200 degree oven in 100 degree weather.
At the same time, set yer buns on a paint shaker for 30 minutes.
At the same time, listen to 'Blam, Blam, Blam' in your ears.

Then let me know if you feel like waving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just traded my Harley for a 2012 GW. Here in Tn we wave at everyone on two wheels. You always have those that don't wave at anyone. But they are few and far in between.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I just traded my Harley for a 2012 GW. Here in Tn we wave at everyone on two wheels. You always have those that don't wave at anyone. But they are few and far in between.

Good move. Now donate that pirate uniform for the next Halloween Party!!

Welcome to the forum from Seattle.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got all my Harley shirts in a bag in my GW trunk. Selling them to a guy at work. I am officially out of the Harley buisness.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.