Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a "GL1500A" windscreen that is not for a GL1500. Bought it from a junk yard and now I am stuck with it. Its a extra tall slipstreamer and its a nice screen except I think it was made for a GL1800.
If anyone has a take off screen or their screen off at the moment could you check these measurements:

From center of the left hand hole will be starting point "0" the next hole (keeping the tape measure straight to the hole on the far right and just eyeball center of the slots)
4" is the second hole
11 3/4" middle hole
19 3/8" third hole
23 1/2" last hole
I am attaching the picture of how I measured.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I bought a "GL1500A" windscreen that is not for a GL1500. Bought it from a junk yard and now I am stuck with it. Its a extra tall slipstreamer and its a nice screen except I think it was made for a GL1800.
If anyone has a take off screen or their screen off at the moment could you check these measurements:

From center of the left hand hole will be starting point "0" the next hole (keeping the tape measure straight to the hole on the far right and just eyeball center of the slots)
4" is the second hole
11 3/4" middle hole
19 3/8" third hole
23 1/2" last hole
I am attaching the picture of how I measured.
Ok X,

1st hole = 0
2nd hole = 7 7/8
3rd hole = 13 3/4
4th hole = 19
5th hole -25 1/4 all in inches

I don't think this is X tremely accurate but we aren't even close. What I measured came off a GL1500, 1995.

Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok X,

1st hole = 0
2nd hole = 7 7/8
3rd hole = 13 3/4
4th hole = 19
5th hole -25 1/4 all in inches

I don't think this is X tremely accurate but we aren't even close. What I measured came off a GL1500, 1995.

Good luck
Right l2r now if I can get someone with a GL1800 to check theirs I think I will find that is what I have.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
From the picture it sure looks like an 1800 windshield.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
From the picture it sure looks like an 1800 windshield.
I concur, Joe. I didn't want to strip my rubber seal off to get and exact measurement, but now that I see the holes I'm 99.99% sure it is an 1800 windshield. I can still do a rough estimate by marking the top rubber seal with chalk at the hole positions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No need to measure anymore chopin I am positive it is a 1800 windscreen.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
No need to measure anymore chopin I am positive it is a 1800 windscreen.
Ok. The adhesive on the gasket was pretty dry and I knew that if I peeled it off I would be digging through the work bench for something to replace it with.

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
XtreemLee, we must be brothers! Your workbench looks like mine!

:D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts