Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hear talk about a trigger wheel. I know it changes the timing. How does it affect the engine? Does it cut down on mpg? Does it cut down on life of engine? Do you have to higher octane fuel since the timing is advanced? What are the pros and cons of having one? What is the cost of one? Is it advisable for a '98 Aspy w/ 128K?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The trigger wheel was designed mainly for the 88 & 89 Gold Wings. They had a hesitation problem from take off, advancing the timing helped that, I helped a couple of friends do it way back then, the only thing it helped was the hesitation, no change in performance or gas mileage according to the ones I know of. If you haven't changed your timing belts yet it might be time to do so since you have 128,000 miles on your bike, you can change the trigger wheel then since you will be at it anyway if you want to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
A friend installed one on his 93 years ago. As far as he was concerned it was kind of like Snake Oil, didn't make enough difference on his 93 to warrant the trouble or expense.
Never could out run me.
From the Northwest corner
Ron
P.S : R.E. did you get the drawings.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Put one in my 89 and the hesitation is gone. I believe thats where the little extra gain I feel came from. My bud used to leave me a few lengths behind on his 97 but now we're side by side from a standing start. Other than that no other gains that I noticed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts