Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is Frank and I live in NH. I moved up here from L.I., N.Y. in 2002. I did not ride in NY because I always thought it was too dangerous. Since moving up here in scenic N.H. I thought I would start to ride - seems like a whole lot of folks around here ride. I started out with a Suzuki 400 and was able to ride trails and street. After six years I thought it was time to upgrade on the street.

After looking at all of the touring class bikes, I decided on the Goldwing. I do not regret it, even with all of the jazz I take in places, especially drinking establishments. I have ridden for two seasons on my brand new '08 (everything except airbag) and I've managed to put 10k on the Wing.

Getting back to the original question:
How would white walls look on a red (metalic) '08 Wing?

I would welcome anyone's comments about this. I don't even know if they make white wall tires for the Wing. My tires are still good but I like to ponder these things before replacement time.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
i don't like white wall or raised white letter tires, hey but thats your bike so go for the look you want. bottom line is it only has to look good to you

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi all, my name is Frank and I live in NH. I moved up here from L.I., N.Y. in 2002. I did not ride in NY because I always thought it was too dangerous. Since moving up here in scenic N.H. I thought I would start to ride - seems like a whole lot of folks around here ride. I started out with a Suzuki 400 and was able to ride trails and street. After six years I thought it was time to upgrade on the street.

After looking at all of the touring class bikes, I decided on the Goldwing. I do not regret it, even with all of the jazz I take in places, especially drinking establishments. I have ridden for two seasons on my brand new '08 (everything except airbag) and I've managed to put 10k on the Wing.

Getting back to the original question:
How would white walls look on a red (metalic) '08 Wing?

I would welcome anyone's comments about this. I don't even know if they make white wall tires for the Wing. My tires are still good but I like to ponder these things before replacement time.
... HOWDY ... IF YOU LOOK IN THE PHOTO GALLERY YOU WILL SEE MY 85 LTD SPORTING WHITE WALLS ... I DON'T THINK I'LL PUT ANOTHER SET ON ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya

Yours, Zilla, is the only Wing that I've seen with the white walls. I like the look but I also like keeping my bike clean looking and that would most definitely give me an extra job that I probably would not like - even more than the looks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My opinion...

My opinion is the only one that counts about my bike - you are so right buzzard. Thanks for your comment.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
I don't think I would like whitewalls on my Wing, but raised white lettering may be a different story... Would have to think about that for a while. Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I think the last Gold Wing that you could get a white wall for is the 1200. I used to have them on my 85 but that was the last bike I put them on. I don't think they would look good on a 1500 or 1800 Wing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make Work

Thanks Joe, I didn't need the darned things anyway. Just more make work.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
keeping them clean is exactly why i don't want them. the front wouldn't be bad but keeping the rear clean

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
White walls?

Hi Commander K,

white walls vote...........1 Against! ........... 0 For!.. :eek:.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm with Buzzard, I don't care for the look. Back in "my day" LOL I had them on my first cars in the early 60's ,You older guys will remember we even had phoney whitewalls that were put on at the tire shop that were pinched between the tire and the rim (tire bead)how's that for a trip down memory lane :) do I get an OH YA I remember those?

-Robert-

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
i reacall seeing those fake white wall when i was younger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts