Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new (to me) 2008 Goldwing out for a "shakedown" ride today, and when I plugged my iPod into the auxiliary cord and tried to listen got this really obnoxious whine that changed pitch with the engine rpms. Any ideas how to get rid of it? I'd really like to listen to my own music, but surely can't do it now with that whine in my ears! Sure would appreciate any help!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Took my new (to me) 2008 Goldwing out for a "shakedown" ride today, and when I plugged my iPod into the auxiliary cord and tried to listen got this really obnoxious whine that changed pitch with the engine rpms. Any ideas how to get rid of it? I'd really like to listen to my own music, but surely can't do it now with that whine in my ears! Sure would appreciate any help!!
I believe you need a ground loop isolator. I had the same when I plugged in my Sena SM10 the first time. A cheap isolator cured it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yep, Ground loop isolater should do the trick...

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Does the whine go away if the phone is disconnected from the bikes power ? If yes, most likely , than you need a ground loop isolator as stated. If not than it might be the bikes ground loop isolator. But the 2010 and older non airbag model always had some whine when the cruise control was engaged.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts