Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1981 with 49k belts changed looks OK

Or

1975 with 36k belts changed looks GREAT!!!

I can sell my 1981 and get the 1975 and come ahead 100.00

·
Registered
455 Posts
Depends, what type of riding are you planning. Do you need luggage space or are you just planning on styling and profiling???

Since you ask, and by the looks of the machine, I would take the GL1000 over the 1100 in a minute!!! :D

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
My pick would be the 81.

·
Registered
455 Posts
They are both GL
Every year since inception of the Wing they has been designated with the letters GL!!!

By the way, there is no acronym for it, It just identifies a specific model, nothing more, nothing less. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
If you are riding a lot of two up, I would go with the 1100. Because it would be more comfortable for her. The 1000 here in Australia has more value and if you are going to keep it for awhile may increase in value more than the 1100. Eric

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Rough call for me, I like Classic Wings and I may be a little greedy. I want them both.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
the exhaust on the 1000 wing is off a '78/'79. '75-'77 had black mufflers with chrome heat shields. i'm no fan of spoke wheelsafter having mine break at 45mph so that only leaves the 1100 wing as my choice

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
wheels lok relaced to me Doc. I'd just about die to have an original '75 but that's just me and sentiment speaking

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
wheels lok relaced to me Doc. I'd just about die to have an original '75 but that's just me and sentiment speaking
i like the look of spoke wheels too, got them on my '75 750. but i don't want them on a bike i ride daily after having them go out on me. if it would have happened just a few minutes sooner i would have still been on the freeway doing 85

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
I like the older bike. I'm hoping to pick up an older one myself to tinker with and keep running.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
I like the older bike. I'm hoping to pick up an older one myself to tinker with and keep running.
starting this fall i'm going to be looking much harder for a '79 - '82 nakkid wing to fix and ride

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
starting this fall i'm going to be looking much harder for a '79 - '82 nakkid wing to fix and ride
I saw a picture of the first bike my Uncle gave me a ride on in the mid-60's. It was a 305 Scrambler and one of those would be pretty nice.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
I saw a picture of the first bike my Uncle gave me a ride on in the mid-60's. It was a 305 Scrambler and one of those would be pretty nice.
boy were you lucky, my first ride was on my z50a all by myself. rode right into my mom's six foot tall rosebush :)

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
boy were you lucky, my first ride was on my z50a all by myself. rode right into my mom's six foot tall rosebush :)
Ouch many times I'm sure. Anyway, back on subject, I still like the older bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
my niece's first bike was a "79 wing that was the beginning of my lust affair with naked goldwings. i got to ride hers from toledo back to my house. it was one smooth ride. now she rides an '82 nakkidd wing and i've put some seat time in on it too but the longer wheelbase takes away some of the sporty feeling the 1000 wing had. i would like to find a 1000 chassie and put the 1100 motor in it

·
Registered
331 Posts
Every year since inception of the Wing they has been designated with the letters GL!!!

By the way, there is no acronym for it, It just identifies a specific model, nothing more, nothing less. ;)
Obviously you know nothing about the GeoLocator chip and its crucial role in the transference! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts