Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum. First question is which wing to buy . Looking for one 2006 or newer Iwould prefer nav. good sound system heated seats.Not possitive what is standard in what year.I dont see much diff. in 06 to 10. Any advise would help point me in the right direction. thanks and cant wait to get back into biking.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , cant tell you much i own a 2010 and i am in love with it , wouldnt change nothing

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Heated seat and grips were standard on 2009 and up models. They were an option on prior years. Nav was part of the level 2 package. Nav and ABS were on the level 3 wings. Airbags were the top of the line package.

If you check the site below you can get a lot of info on the Goldwing.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/goldwinghistory.htm

Good luck and ride safe..

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the GWOF from Seattle.

For me, it is the Wing that I can pay cash for. I can't wait until 2022 so I can ride one of those new 2012 models.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
With several dealers now back from dream land to the real world, several are discounting the 2012's by $4,000 off MSRP. Just a thought.
Even w/the improvements on the 2012 NAV, IMHO, one would be wiser to avoid that option, purchase the GL2way, integrate a GPS into that system. Adding the BikeMP3 to the GL2way makes an already great sound system even better!
Also, I would avoid the comfort system(Standard on the 2012!). Say that because, although the grips work great, the seat, IMHO is worthless in cold weather(my bottom is not the part that needs heating in cold weather!)
Hurry back-you're missing good riding days!

·
Registered
258 Posts
welcome to GWOF from Maryland , cant tell you much i own a 2010 and i am in love with it , wouldnt change nothing
Amen!! Just went and looked in my garage to make sure you didn't steal my Yellow Wing! :) IMHO, the base grade Wing is best! I love to get lost, no need for a NAV Sys. :) I hook up my Ipod (Thank You Steve Jobs) and can listen to my music at 80mph without earphones/buds. My earing is lousy, so I don't need a super stereo sound. The air bag, hmm...at the speeds I travel I don't think the bag will help, hope I never have to find out!! :)

Whichever Wing you buy, you'll love it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went for the 2012 level 3 and have no regrets.Heated grips are fine and seat heat is fine. There are some good prices out there now so no reason to pay any where near retail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts