Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Been loving the GL1500 so far. And GF is threatening bodily harm if I trade it off for anything besides an 18. But I have noticed that the windshield has a few annoying traits to it. The most annoying being that it just lets rain roll over it, and at a proper level to flick it in my face going down the road. This no matter what height it's on. I've got it "waxed" nicely, but seems rain still sticks to it pretty good. Makes looking thru it difficult when raining. Love the vent, tho'.

..While I was shopping Wings I saw a few different configurations of shields. Some of those extra tall ones that flipped up at the top (and boinked my nose when saddling up). A coupla shorty's and of course OEM.

Lookin for suggestions on something to help with the rain thing since this ain't gonna be just a fair weather rider.
Thanks.!! :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
I have a 1995se 1500 with the 4 inch extra tall screen and everything goes right over the top of me. No vent.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
C',mon, Schneeks, with those Oddball eyeballs do you really think it matters?!:p

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Well I loved the Xtall Slipstreamer w/Vent I had & looking through it never bothered me. Cleaned it with Plexsus & rain sort of beaded & ran off like RainX. Now in lighter rain there was an odd thing that occured the water would collect at the top & drip right on the stereo so I made sure that I had the cover on in those conditions.

In light of your conerns & questions you may want to check out Windbenders. Our Admin Budoka has one & I'm sure he will be more than happy to give you his review. They are adjustable & may be what you're looking for.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
C',mon, Schneeks, with those Oddball eyeballs do you really think it matters?!:p
It ain't the eyes, baby. I want folks to have a clear view of that big chit eatin grin I'm sportin' now when ridin 'ol Buster.

Thanks for the replies, fellas.. :cool: d:^) Schneeks.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Buster, huh? Outstanding!:D

I bought a SlipSteamer from Cantankerous Kerry to replace my wraparound that fractured en route to Sturgis in August and like it fine. Prefer not having the wraparound, honestly.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Windbender throws it up over your helmet due to the curved upper lip. Budoka and I both sport this windshield.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I've never had a windshield that performs this well in the rain. Before I got teh Windbender I got caught in a downpour with the stock shield(no liner in my jacket at the time and no raingear) and in less than 15 minutes I was soaked. I did get wet in that deluge returning from Salmon Arm just after I put the W/B on, but that was in a driving crosswind so nothing will stop that (had my rainsuit that time too). This year's trip there was no crosswind and barely got any droplets on my visor.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
I just rode 120 miles today's to get new glasses, and ran through 4 different rain showers. My plus 4 never put a drop on me. But you have to look through it as well, which I don't mind since I have never had anything shorter to look over. My next will be the F4 +4 with vent.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
One thing I have heard of people doing about the rain issue like you have is too put some chrome edging on the edge of the windshield or if you don't want to use chrome you can use clear tubing and place it on the edge. This will stop the rain from running up and blowing in your face.

Here are a couple of places that have the chrome trim........

www.cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/79/24319

http://wingstuff.com/products/586-chrome-universal-edge-trim-20-ft-roll?from_search=1
I wish! I bought some molding (black) at auto parts store when I got caught in the rain heading to Florida. I'd been assured it would stop the rollover! It didn't stop chit! Looks good. But rain just keeps in coming.

I have a Tulsa Tall on my '01 and I love it. Can't stand the wind and the noise in my ears. I love the rain blocking and bug catching before either one hits me in the face. I rode a '12 with OEM windshield and gave it back after 20 miles.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.