Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 GL1800, 2005 K1200LT, 2001 Ultra Classic (wife - 2001 800 Vulcan)
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is prob a dumb question cause no right or wrong answer but just looking for opinions.

I'm thinking about installing the side fairing radiator vent trim.

Reason - I have to replace the side fairing cover strips because one of mine is damaged and prob not going to get an exact match color-wise when ordering so I went with chrome so as to not have a color discrepancy. Given that these will kinda stand out, I'm thinking of tieing it all together with the side radiator vent trims.

There are two kinds - the one-piece ones and the three-piece shark fin ones. I'm not sure which one would look better (kinda leaning towards the shark fin ones).

Number one - is there any reason these are a bad idea? Chinsey construction? Fall off eventually? Look silly? Etc? And two - does one or the other look more natural on the bike or not?

Like I said, prob just a matter of opinion, but I thought I'd see what everyone thought or has done or what the general consensus was as far as which looks more natural on this particular bike.

Thanks,
Woody

·
Registered
181 Posts
This is prob a dumb question cause no right or wrong answer but just looking for opinions.

I'm thinking about installing the side fairing radiator vent trim.

Reason - I have to replace the side fairing cover strips because one of mine is damaged and prob not going to get an exact match color-wise when ordering so I went with chrome so as to not have a color discrepancy. Given that these will kinda stand out, I'm thinking of tieing it all together with the side radiator vent trims.

There are two kinds - the one-piece ones and the three-piece shark fin ones. I'm not sure which one would look better (kinda leaning towards the shark fin ones).

Number one - is there any reason these are a bad idea? Chinsey construction? Fall off eventually? Look silly? Etc? And two - does one or the other look more natural on the bike or not?

Like I said, prob just a matter of opinion, but I thought I'd see what everyone thought or has done or what the general consensus was as far as which looks more natural on this particular bike.

Thanks,
Woody
Can’t tell which bike you have. On the 1500’s I preferred the older version because the last version would loosen up and rattle. On 1800’s adding anything that restricts the precious air for the radiators is bad. My 05’ has the small radiators and wouldn’t add anything to block flow. Does that help??

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Can’t tell which bike you have. On the 1500’s I preferred the older version because the last version would loosen up and rattle. On 1800’s adding anything that restricts the precious air for the radiators is bad. My 05’ has the small radiators and wouldn’t add anything to block flow. Does that help??
In previous threads it is a 2001. I wish the admins would require year and model of bike for newer members. Or sticky with instructions on how to set that in the signature lines.

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
I'd go with the one piece version that just trims the vent. Make sure the surface is clean before applying these will not block air flow. If they still make them there was a version with amber LEDs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, very valid point, and I agree!! I went into profile and updated my info but doesn't show under my name. How do I do a signature type ending on my posts? I'm not big on these technical things. Thanks for the input it helps greatly.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, NVM, on this last post it did show up!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And I did figure out how to do the signature thing.... even old guys can learn this stuff (LOL)

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm a one piece type only........... too much (plastic) chrome is too much, keep it simple, looks much better:geek:

Ronnie
1/11/22

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the route I went, thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts