Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search through the forum and have not really found what I'm looking for. I am getting ready to purchase two full face helmets for me and the wife, and I am looking for helmets that will accomodate the J&M Headsets well, as well as be very comfortable and excellent quality. I am not necessarily looking for the cheapest, so long as what I am buying is worth the asking price. I want to make sure the speakers fit well into the helmets and it's really hard to tell if they will just by looking at pictures on the internet. Helmet selection is very limited locally so the purchase will definitely be online. What helmet are you using, which headset do you have and what do you like/dislike about it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
We just purchased Shoei Multitec helmets. Our old J&M headsets fit the new helmets fine. The sales folks told us to look for helmets with indentations built into the helmets to accommodate headset ear pieces - which the Multitec has. There is room for your mic in front of your mouth - this can be a concern with a full face helmet. I put the foam covers on the mics to help cut down wind noise they still seemed to pick up. The foam makes it a little tight next to your mouth, but not terrible.

We went to the Motorcycle show here in Seattle in December to choose our helmets. All the manufacturers had displays, and we found great variety in the sizes, head shape, weight and comfort of the helmets. I'll look to try before buying always for helmets in the future.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I have used open face 3/4 Shoei and Arai helmets and have been pleased with both. Fit very well and are not too heavy. Best way is to try them on at a dealer or show and see what feels best..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. My wife is not thrilled about the backseat wind blast so a 3/4 helmet is out. We've visited all of the local dealers here and the selection is poor at best. I like the idea of going to a bike show, and will look to see if one is coming up anytime soon in San Antonio, as that would probably be my best bet. Thanks all.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
My ff Arai is noisier than my HJC IS33's are. I'm going to try some soft foam between the chin-bar and the mic (it's recessed into the padded inside bar) and see if that helps. Our IS33's are only blast prone in strong crosswinds, her more than me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts