Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

As i value all your idea's etc i was looking for some imput on which Front Fender extender to purchase? from Wingstuff on my next order!
Also would it pose a problem fitted to the airbag model? I ask this as some of our friendly dealers here advise against it! though not exactly sure why that is............:confused:

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I'm opting for the one pictured here, of couse it has to be the most expensive one but I like the rubber flap. cloud, it doesn't say " Will not work on airbag equipped model " but given most of the other choices do, I think a call to Wingstuff on this would be in order.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I've always heard that you can't use things like fender extenders, fork braces and ring of fire lights on airbag models. My assumption is that Honda does not want anything that can affect the impact sensors built into the front of the Wing. If I was spending the extra $$ for an airbag model I don't think I would put anything on that could cause, or be perceived as, the problem if the system did not function properly. JMHO.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
It is about the sensors, but I've never heard about fender extenders causing grief before, learn something new every day. Hondaline has one of their own and it doesn't say anything about the airbag.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is about the sensors, but I've never heard about fender extenders causing grief before, learn something new every day. Hondaline has one of their own and it doesn't say anything about the airbag.
Hmm... yeah it seems to be all verbal about the sensors etc which would lead me to believe that maybe if i stuck to Hondaline product, this way if there was any issue down the track! "Its a factory made product for this GW right"

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm opting for the one pictured here, of couse it has to be the most expensive one but I like the rubber flap. cloud, it doesn't say " Will not work on airbag equipped model " but given most of the other choice do, I think a call to Wingstuff on this would be in order.
I did like this one as well chopin:D

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Cloud09
I have installed the exact model show in the Maestro's post. I can't speak as for compatibility on airbag model but I like the extender

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't know about the airbag issue... but I installed the one pictured here, and I did so because it was the longest one I could find. The only concern I have is that it seems to be very close to the tire. I am concerned about debris getting caught between it and the tire.

Here is the pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Cloud09
Paul iv'e been down that track because i wanted one as well , but our Oz wings with airbags do not have extenders due to the airbag issue, so i gave up on the idea and went shopping and bought new riding boots instead :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cloud09
Paul iv'e been down that track because i wanted one as well , but our Oz wings with airbags do not have extenders due to the airbag issue, so i gave up on the idea and went shopping and bought new riding boots instead :)

Len, as i was reading my email from Wingstuff about no OEM product or the extenders that they do have 'don't fit the airbag model' hmmm well looks like i have to follow you on that one brother! & spend my pocket money on something else..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts