Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to purchase a fog light kit to install on my GL 1800 and would like some feedback on what others have installed.

I'm trying to decide whether to go with the ones from Show Chrome or spend the extra $50 for the Hondaline lights.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Couldnt get most of the incentive parts I ordered with my bike, so put the expensive Hondaline LED's on it. VERY bright white. Not sure I'd spend nearly $500 of MY OWN money on them, but happy that they definitely help me stand out in traffic (My primary reason for getting them) I can see really well to the sides at night now, and the frequent foggy mornings are not a problem anymore. Think SC makes LEDs for 250ish (?) Before buying, be sure that it is FOG lights you want. There are DRIVING lights available too. Also you may (Like me) want them on with both low and high beam....make sure your kit will do it or buy an adapter from EC.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wingstuff has a set of SC for around $175 and Hondaline for $225, I believe they are Halogen, this is the price range I'm willing to spend. The LEDs are a bit pricy for me.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I put on the Honda LEDs. Got them at Wingstuff waaaay less than what I can buy them for at our own dealership (?) here in Canada. Hondaline stuff is expensive up here:(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's expensive here in the states too, I think the dealer quoted me $325 plus installation fee forLEDs the day I picked up the bike. Glad I waited, I can do the job myself and save some bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts