Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, just bought a 82 honda goldwing with 72000 miles.

The previous owner did routine maintenance, oil changes and battery tender. But beyond on that I doubt much else was done or I am gonna assume it was not done.

So few questions,

1. So I replace the timing belts now or wait?
2. He changed the oil 200 hundred miles, so I can wait on that,
3. what I else should I do to keep her in great shape.

What other stuff like, shock oil, Final drive oil, and plugs whats the recommend internval between these changes and is here a how to on this website.

I am decent mechanic, worked on diesel engines.

I replaced the front pads after i noticed they were completely gone. easy enough.:

eek:

I asked alot, but I really like the wing I want it to run another 72000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
do you have a shop manual? do changt the timing belts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just baught 82 Goldwing too

Hello, I too am new to your forum and I also just bought a 1982 Goldwing. I was told it was an Aspencade model but the steering head plate says GL1100I so am I right in assuming that this is an Interstate model instead of an Aspencade model. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Evopan1

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
JW: if in doubt, change it, esp fluids. It's inexpensive, and it gives you a closer look at your new baby. Lots of time things can be different under close scruitiny. Pay particular attention to the rubber parts like hoses and fittings they can have small cracks that don't readily show. Tyres have a shelf life also (7yrs or so). Rad caps can loose their grip after a time so inspect that and you collant lines too.
Evo: back in the day, lots of Wing owners took Interstates and added the Aspencade 'goodies' later on. Your model year "A" bike came with a compessor for the suspension (switches and pressure meter on the right fairing panel) and the Clarion sound system. There was also an altimeter on the dash. Don't remember if the i/c was std or not. I don't think rear speakers were present until '84/1200 models. Interstate models were sans the above extras, but relatively easy upgrades if a tad pricey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts