Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the wife and I decided we are going to take a trip to Yellowstone in September. I have yet to even think out what route yet but I need to find a trailer to rent for the wing.
I really don't care what brand just so long as it can make the trip. I am not in position to buy what I want right now so renting is the way to go if I can find one.
Any idea's?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got my 16ft heavy duty trailer from TrailerMan, 18965 Kuykendahl Road,(281) 380-4167 for $800 but he also has the smaller 8-10ft trailers and I think he rents them as well. If you ever plan on buying one he's got the best price in town, I did my homework and searched everywhere around town. http://www.thetrailerman.net/

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my 16ft heavy duty trailer from TrailerMan, 18965 Kuykendahl Road,(281) 380-4167 for $800 but he also has the smaller 8-10ft trailers and I think he rents them as well. If you ever plan on buying one he's got the best price in town, I did my homework and searched everywhere around town. http://www.thetrailerman.net/
Oh I have a trailer to haul the wing on. I am looking for a small trailer like the tailwind, alumalite, ect to pull with the wing.
We will be winging it all the way!.......lol

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh go ahead and do like everyone else, over extend the credit card on a good used one from ebay.
Oh he11 no!!
I am waiting to find the slim chance someone is selling a good used one in the 08' dark red!
If i have to wait too long, the Alumilite is looking mighty attractive!

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Buzzy, just my 2 cents here. The little lady & I are in the midst of our trip now. I bought a cooler rack & a Tbag to fit. We get 4 days of clothes & essentials in it. We have our luggage bags for bike for electronics, cover, tools & misc. I put a luggage rack bag on to handle our rain gear & some small suff.

I'm not totally against a trailer but I just didn't want to deal with it. As always this is just one ole fossil's opinion.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buzzy, just my 2 cents here. The little lady & I are in the midst of our trip now. I bought a cooler rack & a Tbag to fit. We get 4 days of clothes & essentials in it. We have our luggage bags for bike for electronics, cover, tools & misc. I put a luggage rack bag on to handle our rain gear & some small suff.

I'm not totally against a trailer but I just didn't want to deal with it. As always this is just one ole fossil's opinion.
I hear ya. The thing is, like my wife, i am a bit of a pack rat. And I love to shop for historic or localized meaningful things. Maybe shipping everything back would be an option but it sure would be nice to be able to have a "Lazy Day" and just pitch everything in the trailer without having to "Pack".
I agree the rack would help but I would much rather have a trailer.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I picked up a Pac-it rack at Wing Ding in Nashville a few years ago, think I paid about $500 for it with the cooler pac also. Nice piece for a trip. It slides in your trailer hitch and is super simple to pull luggage off and carry. This spring I picked up a 2010 Alumilite trailer this spring on ebay at a deep discounted price that I could not pass up. Pulled the trailer about 200-300 miles so far with no problems. Missed out on trade in trailers at Buckeye Rally a few years back, asking price, $500. Both seemed to be solid but needing paint and clean up. Check ebay and craig's list, you'll be surprized on what you can find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts