Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low and I can't figure out where to get this piece of chrome.

The stock fork covers are brushed aluminum looking, and these are definately a shiny chrome.
Kury rotor covers with amber ROF are coming and these would be a nice addition.
Does anyone know where to get these?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks like Kury stuff in the picture...Wingstuff?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like Kury stuff in the picture...Wingstuff?
Those three tooth looking lights are Kury. They are sold separately. I can't find the piece that the are attached against.

grrr. I thought maybe people were getting the stock pieces chromed, but there is a definate difference in the shape. The chrome pieces have sharp corners where lights can mount. The stock piece is more rounded.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Yes, brushed alloy looking plastic.
That's cutting corners. I would think that you might be having a time finding a Chrome piece as they are standard on most of the wings up to 2010. You know they will be coming out soon for the 2012 model.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aha, so prior to 2012, that shiny chrome piece was already on the bike straight from the factory?!
That makes sense. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Aha, so prior to 2012, that shiny chrome piece was already on the bike straight from the factory?!
That makes sense. Thank you!
You have the latest and greatest model. You have things we lack and we have things you want. I'll trade you my chrome plastic fork covers for your saddlebags.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Chopin, been a tremendous help.
Now I just need to do a test fit with a prior year model. If they fit, I can get a set of OEM replacements for around $40 a side.
Adding chrome bits front to back.

Speaking of which, I read somewhere that the holes in the front fender are there to keep the front end stable when exceeding 130MPH. No idea if it is true or not, just seemed odd.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Speaking of which, I read somewhere that the holes in the front fender are there to keep the front end stable when exceeding 130MPH. No idea if it is true or not, just seemed odd.
I " heard " that also from a riding bud of mine. Don't think I'll ever know from experience.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think the part your looking for is called the "fork tower"?

·
Registered
27 Posts
chrome lower fork cover

My 2010 GL1800 came stock with chrome covers. They are OEM Honda that you can get through your dealer. The Wingstuff part does look nicer, though.
Ride safe!
unclebill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts