Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,
I am planning to install a seat heater kit on my GL1800 like I did on my previous bike. It worked really well and would like to equip my G1800 with it before winter. I will use a relay to ensure that the seat heater can only be powered when the ignition is on. Before I do my own research and start testing wires with a voltmeter do you have any suggestion/idea where to get the ignition +12v somewhere under the seat?
Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi folks,
I am planning to install a seat heater kit on my GL1800 like I did on my previous bike. It worked really well and would like to equip my G1800 with it before winter. I will use a relay to ensure that the seat heater can only be powered when the ignition is on. Before I do my own research and start testing wires with a voltmeter do you have any suggestion/idea where to get the ignition +12v somewhere under the seat?
Thanks
If you are just looking for a trigger signal for a relay, then you could tap into the tail light wire at the 14 pin gray connector(C15). It’s the brown/white wire and only goes hot with the key on. Another option is to attach your trigger wire to the ACC terminal on the fuse box.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are just looking for a trigger signal for a relay, then you could tap into the tail light wire at the 14 pin gray connector(C15). It’s the brown/white wire and only goes hot with the key on. Another option is to attach your trigger wire to the ACC terminal on the fuse box.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For a heated seat, which will draw some amps, I would definitely go right to the fuse box Accessory terminals.
Thanks but I was not asking about where to power the seat heater from but where to get the +12v ignition to trigger the relay and Techdude2000 gave me the answer. For powering the seat heater element I will go straight to the battery since the seat heater kit comes with its own fuse.
Thanks again folks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Looks like a job well done Alain!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts