Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a '94 Aspencade. A buddy of mine suggested I check to see if the stator had been replaced. He said it was a recall and it would be a possible $2,000 repair if it had not. I looked around for information regarding recalls but couldn't find anything. Does any one know where I could find this information or is anyone on this list aware of such a recall or problems with the stator on 94 Wings? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Where did your buddy get his information? The 1500 had an alternator not a stator and on the 1200 Gold Wings the stator often failed but it was NOT a recall. There was no recalls on the 94 Gold Wing, there was 1 on the 93 for a fuel line.
If it goes out you pay to have it fixed, and that is about $1,000. The 1500 GW had brushes in the alternator that should be replaced at around 70,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
The other thing you can do is take the vin# to a Honda dealer and they can look up any recalls that apply (but I doubt there are any). As Joe mentioned the fuel line on the '93 is all I can think of in the 1500's history. The only real thing I can think of is getting the timing belts done if they haven't been already, and that's really not a biggy even if you have to take it to a dealer to get it done.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The 1500's are really bullet proof, besides the alternator brushes and as budoka said, the timing belts there are really no problems. Two other thing that you will probably want to replace because most 1500 owners don't even they exist is the cruise filter and the sub filter, the are made of foam and over years disintegrate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To follow up I read that there was a recall in 1996 to have the bank angle sensor replaced for all GL1500 models back to 1988.

·
Registered
325 Posts
To follow up I read that there was a recall in 1996 to have the bank angle sensor replaced for all GL1500 models back to 1988.
Where did you read that? I can't find anything on a 1996. Course, by now, if it is still working, don't reckon it needs to be recalled. But I do have a 96.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts