Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over to the Honda Powersports website and while there are some 2020 models out, I noticed there was no 2020 Goldwing mentioned. They do show some 2015/2016 F6B models and 2018/2019 Goldwings. :surprise: Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
No 2020 will be produced this year. Just like in 2011 they will skip the 2020 production year due to a shortage of buyers.

·
Super Moderator
14,233 Posts
I hope that isn't so, I'm starting to think about buying a 2020 model.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Don't worry Mark, there will be plenty of carry-over 2019's from what my Honda Canada Rep tells me. If we've got plenty, the US has oodles. If it was me and really wanted a new one, I'd probably wait for the 2021.

·
Premium Member
10,915 Posts
Don't worry Mark, there will be plenty of carry-over 2019's from what my Honda Canada Rep tells me. If we've got plenty, the US has oodles. If it was me and really wanted a new one, I'd probably wait for the 2021.
Maybe there will be a new model.................GL1800 GT. With 170ltrs of carrying capacity.:surprise:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Maybe there will be a new model.................GL1800 GT. With 170ltrs of carrying capacity.:surprise:
We know only kidding but Honda drags out the old models a long time with only minor changes, The 1500 went from 88 to 2000, 1800 went from 01 to 17 without many changes, the new one is only a couple years old. probably won't see any major changes for another 10 years.

·
Premium Member
10,915 Posts
We know only kidding but Honda drags out the old models a long time with only minor changes, The 1500 went from 88 to 2000, 1800 went from 01 to 17 without many changes, the new one is only a couple years old. probably won't see any major changes for another 10 years.
This is all true BUT..........................all they need to do is make the saddle bags bigger by extending the lids out to give more carrying capacity. Then call it a Grand Tourer. Very little change for maybe a lot more sales. Other makes (HD) do such a great job of giving different models with small changes that work into more sales. You would think that that is the whole idea...................happy buyers and more market share.
You only have to go back to the T'Model Ford to see that if you don't move with what the people want in a product............................you lose sales to a different brand.
I was waiting for the new model Goldwing to come out and when it did. I wasn't happy with the carrying capacity, so that money went into a new Suzuki 4x4 and a 1500. The 1500 has the carrying capacity. This is a fact.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Well, here's the surprise of the day: I just got a bulletin from Honda Canada announcing the 2020 Goldwing. Soon as I can I'll post the info here, but bear in mind these will be Canadian models and there will be at least color differences for the US.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
No real feature changes that I can see, but the bulletin doesn't get into specifics either. What is new for us up here is the bagger/trunkless model is now available with DCT instead of just the manual 6 speed transmission. The Airbag model is a pretty cool black/silver pearl paint scheme. Would be hard to keep spotless but sure looks good in the pics. Tour models are the Candy Red/Black combo and Pearl White/Black for both 6 spd and DCT. All the "no trunk" units are a matte black with red accents and engine treatments. Looks sharp but I'm not a matte fan. Expect a release from Honda America if it hasn't happened already.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
OK, some (Canadian) eye candy:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ohhhhhh Noooooo!

Not a whole decade of that hermaphrodite "Touring" bike, I had hoped that Honda would have wised-up after hearing all the grousing over the 2018-19 Gold Wings touring shortcomings.

Maybe BMW will make a "couch cruiser" in the near future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts