Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, i just traded my Ultra Classic for a Goldwing. That's right an old Harley nut. Had several Harleys, and have to admit that as i get older, this Wing is the bike of choice. Why didn't someone tell me how smooth these bikes are?
rick

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. The more you ride it the more you like it. Ride safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just sold my Ultra Classic last week, bought my first Gold Wing, a 06 w/comfort package and ABS. I just could not take the heat coming out of engine any longer, wife refused to ride it on hot days, and where I live most everyday is hot. It was great fun when I got to ride it, it spent a lot of time at the dealership, good thing I bought a 7 year service contract with it. I'm really impressed on how well the Wing handles. It feels like a sport bike on the twisties, with tremendous power. I put a thousand miles on in less than 2 weeks. Still getting friendly with it, wife enjoys riding again. Enjoy your new ride.:)

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Greetings, i just traded my Ultra Classic for a Goldwing. That's right an old Harley nut. Had several Harleys, and have to admit that as i get older, this Wing is the bike of choice. Why didn't someone tell me how smooth these bikes are?
rick
Rick I'm sure somewhere along the line somebody did but being Harleysized kept you from Hearing.:D Just joking.

Anyway welcome to the W.W.W. (wonderful world of wings) & to the site it's good to have you on board.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF rick

·
Registered
24 Posts
ultra classic

I also traded my Ultra Classic in for a Japanese bike but I did not go directly to the wing, I wasen't old enough at the time. I traded for a new 2000 Kawaski nomad 1500. After 5 years and 85,000 miles I was finally old enough for a wing. I just purchased my second wing a month ago. It is a 2010 with Nav. I will never own another kind of bike. Richard

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also traded my Ultra Classic in for a Japanese bike but I did not go directly to the wing, I wasen't old enough at the time. I traded for a new 2000 Kawaski nomad 1500. After 5 years and 85,000 miles I was finally old enough for a wing. I just purchased my second wing a month ago. It is a 2010 with Nav. I will never own another kind of bike. Richard
That's interesting. I wanted a new Nomad this past summer until I took one for a test ride at last. Ten minutes was all it took. No way was I buying the Nomad. Liked the look, but didn't like the seating position or exhaust noise. Went out and bought my 07 Wing a couple of weeks later. Much prefer the riding position on the Wing. Guess I'm not part of the 'feet forward' crowd. Some one recently described the Goldwing to me as the world's largest sportbike. I have to agree.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Who said you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts