Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just became a member in a Wal-Mart parking lot this morning!
Slowed too quickly and turned too sharply for a spot, and down it went on the right side.:eek:
No damage, just my ego. A nice guy came over to help pick it up, but I already had it back vertical.
I just put a new rear tire on yesterday and it definitely feels slightly different at slow speeds. Not sure if it that contributed or if I'm just looking for something to blame my "whoopsie" on.:D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Congratulations (in a twisted kinda way!) Not eligible to become a member yet but I know my day is coming. Hopefully it'll be a slow turn in a parking lot as well. :)

Glad there was no personal/property damage. Ego's are easily fixed and much less painful than having to grow new hide and/or buy new plastic/metal.

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
welcome to the club

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome to the IDMWT club. Take the next number and wear it proudly...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome Freighthauler. There's those that have and those that will. My first of the season resulted in a Harley rider giving me a hand righting the beast.:(
Now that was embarrasing.....
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome to the club (in more ways than one). The IDMWT club list is long but distinguished!:D
Could be worse Strat...coulda been a beemer rider:eek:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome. I dropped mine 56 minutes after rolling off the show room and the salesman telling me, "it's not matter of if, but when".

·
Registered
246 Posts
Glad to see you and the Wing are okay. My last dump was on a hill in front on my niece's cabin in Ellijay, Ga. When I went down, I rolled down the hill :) I sprang back up, ran up the hill and, with my niece's help got the Wing upright. My niece's comment, "Uncle Mike for a guy that weighs over 300 lbs you sure can move." :) Watch out for "concentric curves" the ground under foot tends to disapear. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Welcome. I dropped mine 56 minutes after rolling off the show room and the salesman telling me, "it's not matter of if, but when".
Get over to the IDMWT thread in the Lounge and get your number.....:D

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Glad to see you and the Wing are okay. My last dump was on a hill in front on my niece's cabin in Ellijay, Ga. When I went down, I rolled down the hill :) I sprang back up, ran up the hill and, with my niece's help got the Wing upright. My niece's comment, "Uncle Mike for a guy that weighs over 300 lbs you sure can move." :) Watch out for "concentric curves" the ground under foot tends to disapear. :)
Same for you. Get over to the IDMWT thread and get a number. Wear it proudly...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pisser is...I was hesitant to do the "lay down" procedure to change my rear tire the day before! It just didn't seem right. Next tire change, it gets laid down gently on a mat since I now know how easy it is to pick back up!!

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Pisser is...I was hesitant to do the "lay down" procedure to change my rear tire the day before! It just didn't seem right. Next tire change, it gets laid down gently on a mat since I now know how easy it is to pick back up!!
Now that's funny.... Thanks for the chuckle...:)

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Check the IDMWT thread. Your number has been assigned. Wear it with pride..:)

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Hey, I just rejoined or did it again this morning.
Was backing bike out of garage to meet Ron Robertson, Eric and group in Leavenworth, WA on their way to Kalispell. the slope of my ram is greater than I thought and in turned sideways to it too soon. Very gentle lay down but broke off a Markland rider floorboard. Oh well!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Hey, I just rejoined or did it again this morning.
Was backing bike out of garage to meet Ron Robertson, Eric and group in Leavenworth, WA on their way to Kalispell. the slope of my ram is greater than I thought and in turned sideways to it too soon. Very gentle lay down but broke off a Markland rider floorboard. Oh well!!!!

Well you can't have another number, but you can put a notch in your seat handle if you would like....LOL:D

·
Registered
674 Posts
You might get extra credit if you post some pictures of the carnage.
Standard 1 point for road rash, double points for snapped off parts.grand prize for fire damage.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Well you can't have another number, but you can put a notch in your seat handle if you would like....LOL:D
Charlie, I have figured it out. Folks like Iken keep dropping their wings because they don't wear the IDMWT # with pride. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Charlie, I have figured it out. Folks like Iken keep dropping their wings because they don't wear the IDMWT # with pride. :)
You may be on to something there Ref...:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.