·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Thanks for the ride-a-long.👍

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
44 Posts
I drove to the office the other morning. :) Green Bay to Cana Island is about 150 miles round trip. Driving the tractor at Cana Island Lighthouse near Bailey's Harbor, WI on Lake Michigan - what a great retirement gig.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fairly good day to ride today even with the winds around 20 MPH and gusting up to 30 MPH. All and all it was fun between sun, clouds and even rain to keep it real, as always the Wing ride was solid. We are in the Jacksonville, FL area and today the route included going westbound on SR-100 up to Melrose, Waldo and such with beautiful scenery, some hills and many curvy roads. The photos were taken at Florahome which is about 15 mileas west of Palatka. I know all this names may sound weird but it is lots of fun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fairly good day to ride today even with the winds around 20 MPH and gusting up to 30 MPH. All and all it was fun between sun, clouds and even rain to keep it real, as always the Wing ride was solid. We are in the Jacksonville, FL area and today the route included going westbound on SR-100 up to Melrose, Waldo and such with beautiful scenery, some hills and many curvy roads. The photos were taken at Florahome which is about 15 mileas west of Palatka. I know all this names may sound weird but it is lots of fun.
View attachment 276442 View attachment 276443
Nice. Not far from me and a great area to ride:)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Judy and I had a great 301 mile ride on Sunday after church. We left home, thru Philadelphia, MS and continued on HWY 16 to Thompson Road. On to Alabama Hwy 17 to York and then to Demopolis. hwy 43 to Fosters. Back roads to Romulas and Aliceville. To Macon and Louisville and back home. I'll bet you Star Trek folks didn't know a human could go to Romulas on a motorcycle and survive. Those in the area or passing through these are some very cool roads.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,927 Posts
Sunday I rode my bike for the first time in over four weeks. I had to sneak out early as Martena might have stopped me from moving it. I took it a whole 400 feet from the carport outside the trailer we were renting to the garage of the new house.

All went well, no drops. The right leg held up the bike just fine. Sorry, no pictures. The bike is a lot happier to be in a garage.

I'm planning on a good test run next week to see how I'll do on a longer trip.

·
Super Moderator
28,746 Posts
Fullfilled a 55 year dream and rode the Bonneville Speedway on the Wing. Fully loaded with luggage and me only on a short blast of 88 mph, then put jaNice on the back and did a shot of 75 mph.

What an awesome thing. Had to go to a car wash afterwards to wash off the salt, but a giddy 9 year old was delighted.

Sure wish I would have had the Nighthawk.😉

·
Super Moderator
14,927 Posts
Fullfilled a 55 year dream and rode the Bonneville Speedway on the Wing. Fully loaded with luggage and me only on a short blast of 88 mph, then put jaNice on the back and did a shot of 75 mph.

What an awesome thing. Had to go to a car wash afterwards to wash off the salt, but a giddy 9 year old was delighted.

Sure wish I would have had the Nighthawk.😉
Freaking awesome! So, you can just go there and make a run? My bucket list keeps getting longer.

Reactions: NREMTP and Luv2fish

·
Super Moderator
28,746 Posts
Freaking awesome! So, you can just go there and make a run? My bucket list keeps getting longer.
Yes, Mark

Of course there are some restrictions, we got there and the salt was not flooded. If it is flooded or soft you are not to go on it. Additionally we stayed closer to the entrance at about 1-2 miles. The Speedway is 12 miles long. I just wanted to go on it, and wasn't so concern about getting out far.

People are encouraged to proceed at their own caution, and also you need to watchout for knobheads and boneheads. For intance there was one young dude disrespecting the salt and was out doing donuts in a mustang. The salt is preserved by the blm and the motor racing community to the best of my understanding and certainly "donuts" are not in the program.

I said to Janice, anyone who has a passion for the Speedway knows that the idea is about top speed in a straight line.

Of course we have a native Utah guy @JKWinger who may dispute all I said.
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
254 Posts
After a nice ride thru northwestern Pennsylvania earlier this week with friends from Florida, on their CanAm Spyder, Sue and I did a nice 280 mile loop up thru Vermont yesterday. (Amazing that they still have some full-service gas stations, with friendly attendants!)

Then today, it was 230 miles thru western Mass/Conn and eastern NY. Fun days they were!

(On to southern NH next)

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky. Ps 68:33

·
Premium Member
4,163 Posts
Today @W1ngin1t, @Behind bars, @Ironhorse1954, Mark's neighbor and I went for a nice lunch ride. We convened at the Royal Farms on Route 17 so that gives the Richmond and Manassas folks a good 1 hour ride before we meet. Of course that means I only get 6 miles out of the deal. We then headed to Lake Anna for lunch at Tim's at Lake Anna. We took all back roads (and almost one gravel road) to get to the lake. It was a nice ride and almost no traffic. Had a great lunch and then did some catching up after about 18 months of no group rides. Great time was had by all.

Can you pick out the newcomer?

Great ride and all made it home safely.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
28,746 Posts
Looking good men.

Reactions: W1ngin1t

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
@fossil92 I've never been there. But you are right. There are idiots that disrespect the area. People do work hard to preserve it. The salt is getting thin too. Friends of mine have been out there for speed week. They said its something to see. Its said you can see the curvature of the earth on the flats. It is the flattest place on earth.

1001 - 1020 of 1024 Posts