Honda Goldwing Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1000 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,051 Posts
You always find the most interesting things on your rides.

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
we went up to find the mini mac bridge but i spotted the hippie tree, never did find the bridge
20200926_145614.jpg
20200926_150018.jpg
20200926_150109.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,051 Posts
Wow, she'd better see a doctor!

·
Registered
132 Posts
The wife and I rode up to Silverton, Colorado to see the fall colors. We stopped in Durango for breakfast. Colors on the trees were a bit muted and there is still some smoke haze that limited visibility slightly. Otherwise it was beautiful ride with very few terrified RV drivers slowing everyone down. Lots of adventure bikes in Silverton.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
I got in a nice afternoon ride through Illinois farmland today. I picked a loop of 115 miles, most of the roads were ones I had not ridden on. The harvest is well underway with the farmers bringing in their soybean and corn crops. No photos because each time I came across combines at work, there was no safe place to pull over to snap a pic and other than that, it was just farm fields.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Took the wing for a little 90-mile loop to get my allergy shot over in Midland. Went dark side with the wing (now the handling will match the ST) and I wanted to see how it does. It was great to see the colors on that twisty River Road and the handling is great with the CT on the back.
Can't wait to explore south-central Florida when we get down to Sebring in a few weeks!

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
Ps 68:33

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
i was real tired so once home from henry's i took a nap. after that i took a short ride around the city and found a new mural that isn't quite finished. after that i went back to
20201110_170731.jpg
20201110_171126.jpg
20201110_172430.jpg
20201110_172512.jpg
the Ambassador bridge, they are adding a new span to it

Reactions: Cantankerous

·
Super Moderator
28,660 Posts
Had a nice ride up through the Mingus Mtns. to Jerome, where we met @DesertRat (Rick), and his friend Brad. They are from N.M. and Brad purchased a BMW a while back in the Phoenix area. Due to lock downs and such it was not picked up right away, This weekend was when he flew in to ride it back. DesertRat rode his DCT Wing in from N.M. to ride back with him. So Janice and I rode to Jerome to meet up, grab some lunch, and ride with them for a bit. Two great guys they are and it was a pleasure to hang out with them for a while.

·
Super Moderator
28,660 Posts
There was a car show going on in Cottonwood also, and there were some really great looking machines around the area.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There was a car show going on in Cottonwood also, and there were some really great looking machines around the area.

View attachment 276034

View attachment 276035

View attachment 276036

View attachment 276037

View attachment 276038
Had a nice ride up through the Mingus Mtns. to Jerome, where we met @DesertRat (Rick), and his friend Brad. They are from N.M. and Brad purchased a BMW a while back in the Phoenix area. Due to lock downs and such it was not picked up right away, This weekend was when he flew in to ride it back. DesertRat rode his DCT Wing in from N.M. to ride back with him. So Janice and I rode to Jerome to meet up, grab some lunch, and ride with them for a bit. Two great guys they are and it was a pleasure to hang out with them for a while.

View attachment 276030

View attachment 276031

View attachment 276032

View attachment 276033
Enjoyed meetting up with Fossil92 and his better half. Brad and I finished out our ride home yesterday. We spent the night in Snowflake, Arizona on Saturday. It was kind of a let down getting back into New Mexico which is still under punitive lockdown after being able to live again in opened up Arizona. In Zuni, New Mexico, home town of the Zuni Pueblo tribe, we were stopped at a check point before we entered the town, given a pass by two courteous Zuni police officers then told not to stop in the town and pass straight through. We had planned on gassing up there but had to keep going to Gallup to do so. We were sucking fumes by the time we got to Gallup. On the other side of Zuni we were stopped at another checkpoint where I handed the officer the pass. He checked the time on it to make sure we hadn't stopped and waved us on. New Mexico's economy is a wreck.

·
Super Moderator
28,660 Posts
Enjoyed meetting up with Fossil92 and his better half. Brad and I finished out our ride home yesterday. We spent the night in Snowflake, Arizona on Saturday. It was kind of a let down getting back into New Mexico which is still under punitive lockdown after being able to live again in opened up Arizona. In Zuni, New Mexico, home town of the Zuni Pueblo tribe, we were stopped at a check point before we entered the town, given a pass by two courteous Zuni police officers then told not to stop in the town and pass straight through. We had planned on gassing up there but had to keep going to Gallup to do so. We were sucking fumes by the time we got to Gallup. On the other side of Zuni we were stopped at another checkpoint where I handed the officer the pass. He checked the time on it to make sure we hadn't stopped and waved us on. New Mexico's economy is a wreck.
Really sorry to hear that Rick, I understand folks concerns but holy heck we all just can't stop living. A great shame for sure.

·
Registered
957 Posts
After two weeks of having the bike layed up due to a tire valve leaking, finally got to ride her. Only 4 miles each way and in the rain to get inspected but it was the best feeling I have had in those 2 weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went for a ride today and it was my wife's second ride with me on the Goldwing. We went to the National D-day Memorial located in Bedford Va., as I had been wanting to visit for a long time. On the way home we jumped on the Blue Ridge Parkway and enjoyed the nice weather. I've only had the Goldwing for a month and have already put 1K miles on the clock.

Later in the month I'm planning trip to Bluefield WVa and Tazewell Va to site see Ancestry graves.

BTW... most people think GW owners are old but I'm 43 and wife 45. :cool:

981 - 1000 of 1000 Posts