Honda Goldwing Forum banner

961 - 980 of 990 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Did you enjoy the patio Doc?!
i'm just north of the country club at the gas station, i stopped at the club to put on some rain gear
20200907_115420.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice photos!
I see you have a Route 66 patch, Doc. How much of Route 66 have you ridden? I’d like to ride some of it one day. Probably more in Southwest than in the eastern states, only because of distance to get there.

Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Nice photos!
I see you have a Route 66 patch, Doc. How much of Route 66 have you ridden? I’d like to ride some of it one day. Probably more in Southwest than in the eastern states, only because of distance to get there.
i've done three different sections of it in msssouri and from pontiac to joliet, illinois, i have plans to complete all of illinois plus try to do more of missouri to link all the parts i've done together

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Nice photos!
i've done three different sections of it in msssouri and from pontiac to joliet, illinois, i have plans to complete all of illinois plus try to do more of missouri to link all the parts i've done together

Here's a HiJack of sorts. There is a member or two here that have done the 66 tour, one being @Ralphumor.

The wife and I have done parts of 66 in every state that it runs through.......Great stuff along the Mother Road! We just did some in a few towns here in AZ this past weekend including Holbrook and Winslow.

What is really pretty cool is how with today's superhighways mostly I-40 is that a good bit of the old road is not only still ride-able but also inviting. While riding 66 you can also do sections that used to be in an area up to a certain year, then it was commissioned to go through another area in different years. One such place comes to mind is one time 1926-1937 the highway went through Santa Fe NM, then in 1937 it was straightened to run through Albuquerque NM much the path of I-40 today.

Here's some good info guys.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks Fossil! I’ll check this out for my bucket list!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
just a little ride around the neighborhood
20200917_180614.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Kerry (@edmKC) and I had a great ride today SW of Edmonton. We rode to Rocky Mountain House after skirting the north side of Pigeon Lake, then from there we rode west on the David Thompson Hwy until we came to the Sunchild Road. From there we rode north to the Brazeau Dam and stopped for some pics and chatted with other riders that also stopped there. (It was a great day for a fall ride!). Then north from there to Hwy 16 and then we skirted the north side of Lake Isle and headed back to Edmonton and Fort Saskatchewan.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Nice looking ride, men.

Way to go and thanks for sharing

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Thank you for taking us along, great pictures.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
I do hope that you did not do anything to wear out your welcome. 👼 Thanks for the pics.
i was just trying to see if i could get a glass of ice water :)

961 - 980 of 990 Posts