Honda Goldwing Forum banner

901 - 920 of 990 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
The wife had today off work, so we rode over to the big lake. Lake Michigan that is. Went to Grand Haven, MI State park beach area. Watched some Coast Guard vessels in the Grand River channel area. Didn't stay real long, they have some odd rules over there and apparently would not allow my wife on the beach.

I hope she doesn't find this posting I might get another beating.
Cindy in Grand Haven.jpg Beach at Grand Haven.jpg Grand Haven pier.jpg Coast Guard Lifeboats in Grand River.jpg
Grand Haven Coast Guard Bouy Tender.jpg Grand Haven ride.jpg

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hope so, but turns out I'm 1 month out of warranty. Figures. I've been in discussion with them today and am waiting to hear back if they'll do anything for me.
Update: Sena customer service rocks! They've agreed to replace the headset even though I'm a month out of warranty. Sent it off this week. I put my old SMH10 onto my helmet temporarily for our trip tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
11,808 Posts
Great news. Makes you think very highly of a company that stands behind their products like that.

Reactions: edmKC

·
Registered
645 Posts
I did this ride last Sunday. Just now getting around to posting it. I have an old friend from college and Eastman work days that is originally from North Mississippi and he is coming home next weekend. We were looking for a place in the middle to meet for lunch that would be safe in this Covid mess. Jeff Busby Park is a really nice place on the Natchez Trace and I decided to go up there and check it out on the weekend. It was a great ride. It was also a little strange. Only saw about 4 or 5 vehicles on the Trace and no bikes. Not a signle other soul in Busby. Had a picnic lunch and then made a big circle burning up the old gas. Went by the Nanih Waiya Mound. This is by ledgend the origin of the Choctaw Indian Nation. You can look it up if you like. Very pretty setting at the head waters of the Pearl River.

Also, please don't take away my account since I am riding Judy's Harley. It needed running and she is still in FL with the new baby. It was a good day and not too hot.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Went today to have a new front tire put on my baby. The local multi-brand dealer had only 8 new bikes left on his sales floor, said he sold everything he had and can't get more. Had only 2 new Goldwings one a 18 for 19,995 and a 19 for 22,995. All his 2020 allotment sold and gone. Went for a ride after to (scrub in the new tire)the new tire an Elite 4 is sure different than the Conti it replaced rides a lot stiffer but sticks a lot better also. I scraped pegs which I would have never tried on the old one (have to scuff the chicken strips also LOL). Also found out baby rides better with Mom on board. On the way to the dealer Mom followed me in case the bike did not get done before they closed since the appointment was right at their Sat closing time, without another girl to talk to baby rode and handled totally different it has been that long since I rode her one up. Rode about a hundred miles through farmlands and then the mountains, all in all a great day. Stopped to see if a rider was having trouble turned out he just stopped to stretch, told me about a restaurant in Whitehall that is only open from 6 to 2 daily and is supposed to serve the best hamburger around and a creamery that is supposed to have the best ice cream the names of which I promptly forgot so if anyone out there knows the names of these establishments I would be grateful as I do like my food and ice cream. 😁😁

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
RayJ and I went for a ride today. When I got to his house he asked me if I knew the road that went through the Delta National Forest. Well, I rode it last Sunday most recently, but never got there via Kosciusko before. We left his house riding to Kosciusko on Center Crossing Road which has some nice sweepers on a country road. At Kosciusko we stopped for lunch and then headed out Hwy 19 to West as Ray said it was a fun road. He was correct, nice sweepers also. At West we made a phone gps maintenance stop and I took this picture.
2020 08 01 birthday ride West, MS.jpeg
Horace Greeley said "go west young man" but I doubt he was speaking of West, MS. Also, neither of us is young.

We continued west on MS 12 to US 61 at Hollandale. After Belzoni it drops from the hills to the Delta farm area which makes for a pretty straight run through rice, soybeans, cotton, and corn fields. The soybeans deserve their own color in the Crayola box they are such a deep green right now. At US 61 we turned south to MS 16 and then east down a curvy road that follows the creeks and rivers back through the Delta to Holly Bluff. There we turned onto the Satartia Road that curves through the Delta back to the Hills at Satartia and continued east to Bentonia. There we jumped on US 49 down to Flora and MS 22 across to Nissan Parkway and Old Canton Road back to my house. We stopped for a couple adult beverages and swapped lies for a bit.

A great day riding and if I had known that it would be a 280 mile day I would have worn more appropriate underwear to avoid the monkey butt feeling I now have.

·
Registered
516 Posts
The best rides are when you find a road a wonder where it goes and then ride it to find out. Never use GPS because getting there is twice the fun if you don't know where there is.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
We rode from home, Fort Saskatchewan, to Golden BC today. Some bridge work had traffic backed up big time this morning on the QE2 (slab). We lost nearly an hour. Once we got going again we went to Bowden for lunch, then headed southwest on secondary roads to skip the s#*tshow traffic at Calgary. Turned out to be a fairly scenic ride, but sorry no pics. Just got the bike cleaned and tucked in for the night.

Tomorrow we'll head to Kaslo BC and stay there a couple nights. I'm try to remember to snap a couple pics.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
RayJ and I went for a ride today. When I got to his house he asked me if I knew the road that went through the Delta National Forest. Well, I rode it last Sunday most recently, but never got there via Kosciusko before. We left his house riding to Kosciusko on Center Crossing Road which has some nice sweepers on a country road. At Kosciusko we stopped for lunch and then headed out Hwy 19 to West as Ray said it was a fun road. He was correct, nice sweepers also. At West we made a phone gps maintenance stop and I took this picture.
View attachment 273104
Horace Greeley said "go west young man" but I doubt he was speaking of West, MS. Also, neither of us is young.

We continued west on MS 12 to US 61 at Hollandale. After Belzoni it drops from the hills to the Delta farm area which makes for a pretty straight run through rice, soybeans, cotton, and corn fields. The soybeans deserve their own color in the Crayola box they are such a deep green right now. At US 61 we turned south to MS 16 and then east down a curvy road that follows the creeks and rivers back through the Delta to Holly Bluff. There we turned onto the Satartia Road that curves through the Delta back to the Hills at Satartia and continued east to Bentonia. There we jumped on US 49 down to Flora and MS 22 across to Nissan Parkway and Old Canton Road back to my house. We stopped for a couple adult beverages and swapped lies for a bit.

A great day riding and if I had known that it would be a 280 mile day I would have worn more appropriate underwear to avoid the monkey butt feeling I now have.
It was a great day and with another feast at sonic. Man I miss having a good sit down lunch somewhere. That said it is marks bday. Happy birthday my friend.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I also attended MTU. Started in 1978 and Graduated in 1981, so you may have been gone before I got there. I haven't been back since 1991.
Mark - yep, I started in 72 and crammed a 4-year program into 5 years. So, I finally graduated in spring of '77 and headed for my first job at Goodyear in Akron.

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
Ps 68:33

·
Registered
194 Posts
So, on Wednesday, we headed out of the Keweenaw, but not before making a zig-zag loop to catch all the main points of interest.
We started by heading up to the beginning of US41 (which ends in Miami, FL) and then south along M26 to catch Eagle River and Eagle Harbor again. Then we zigged up US41 to get us to the loop around to Bette Grise and then zagged down to stop at the Gay Bar. Finally, it was back thru the little towns of Lake Linden, Dollar Bay, etc. to get us back on US41, and a reluctant ride out of the Keweenaw copper country.

We motored on down to the Escanaba area for a couple days of relaxing with Sue's friends in the She Shed there. Of course I had to indulge in some Keweenaw Brewing Co. Red Jacket Ale, with the picture of the Lift Bridge on the can.

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.

·
Registered
194 Posts
After some R&R (and partying), we left Escanaba for our homeland below (as you may know, since we live below The Bridge, we are known as "trolls" by "da yoopers" up there). We stopped at the Cut River Bridge along US2 and made the walk down to the water, to see the little stream at the bottom. The hike back up was a doozy for these 2 old folks (267 steps back up, thank you very much!)

When we got back into the Lower Peninsula and made it thru the "zoo" of traffic in Petoskey and Traverse City, it was on up to the lighthouse at Northport, for a quick stop.
Then we finished this leg of the trip with a wonderful ride down the iconic M22 highway, along the northwest coast of Michigan, past the Sleeping Bear Dunes. We had an overnight stop at my buddies place, next to my 2 acres in Bear Lake. We ended the day with a nice pontoon ride around Bear Lake.

Yesterday, we finished the almost 1,800 mile trip with a 4 hour blast down the "go-fast" highways back to south-central Michigan. It was a great trip!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
We rode from Golden BC to Kaslo today. Another hot ride. Bikes everywhere here in the Kootenays, and the town was buzzing when we pulled this afternoon. Got takeout from the hotel and then sat out in the courtyard at the motel for a couple of beer. Thankfully, the BC Gov't liquor store is open on Sundays now.

Only a couple of pics - too hot to stop for that, and we didn't bring the camera. First is gethin the ferry crossing on Arrowhead Lake, the second is Kootenay Lake from ther park while we were out walking tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,808 Posts
Man I wish I could be there. :(

901 - 920 of 990 Posts