Honda Goldwing Forum banner
861 - 880 of 1024 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
I like watching motorcycle vlogs. I know they are a pain to do. Seems the best ones are when they shoot a lot and then edit the most interesting. I see cameras mounted on helmets (top and side too). Cruiseman, Chris Calienta, Memphis Mike and Texas Two Wheeler are just some of the vbloggers out there. I like to watch any type biker, not just Wing riders. Thanks for the effort, I don’t think there are any film critics on the GWOF

Reactions: tamathumper

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Last Saturday 429 miles round trip to a place named The west forks In Maine all country road that follows a river for about 100 miles, mountainous Terran, Little tows along the way ..... some with a Pop. Of 98 ....... Nice windy road.... I wish I had a few pics to share. There is a 300-foot wooden wall that hundreds of people have put bird houses on. the wall is 30 feet tall and has houses made out of some very unusual items like drift wood, Hard hats old boat engine covers, some very nice hand built in Maine houses, Etc. I will go again and be sure to take picks. The wall is on one side of the road, the river is on the other........ Went up had lunch, went to Moxie lake and relaxed for a spell then back home :cool:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Good sleddin' up there.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Rode with the CMA again last night. Ice cream stop in Coopersville, MI. Picture is down a side street about half the bikes on the ride.
7-14-20 CMA.jpg

·
Administrator
15,062 Posts
Last night we took the wing out of the city where there's no light pollution to see comet Neowise! It really is amazing the things out there that we can see! Surreal!!!!!
Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can find a spot to see it this weekend.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Took the wing out to run a few errands in the city this morning. Did a little shopping along the way, including buying a new sheepskin for my wing seat at IKEA. It's a good deal in my opinion. CDN$39 for a nice thick real sheepskin. I had the same thing on my ST but I had fitted it to the ST and it went along with the bike when I sold it.

Reactions: NREMTP and Luv2fish

·
Administrator
15,062 Posts
On Friday I needed to make a trip to the store in Madison and decided to take the bike. Heading west on Yandell, wouldn't you know it, I accidentally took a right instead of a left on US 51. At Nissan Parkway I took a left and then missed the turn for I-55 south. Arriving at Hwy 22 I took a left, this has some nice sweeping curves and I didn't notice I missed another left until I came to Flora. Crossing US 49, shoot missed another turn, I continued on 22 to Brownsville. There I finally remembered to turn left and headed south. Coming into Bolton, something distracted me and I missed my turn onto I-20, continued through Bolton to Raymond. At the water tower "downtown" I remembered my left turn on the road to Clinton. Just outside of town is an entrance to the Natchez Trace and I jumped on that. Coming back to the Madison/Ridgeland area I needed some fuel so I got off on US 51. As I finished filling up I realized that I had forgotten to bring my mask. So I got back on the Trace and took it to Hwy 43 which is only four miles from the house. I picked up my mask and headed into Madison. Picked up what I needed and then headed back home. Oh, and a stop at my favorite beer store for a pint and picking up a six pack at the turn back onto Yandell. Made it home finally, mission accomplished. Turned a routine 20 mile ride into a 120 mile ride. A good day, but sorry, no pictures.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
On Friday I needed to make a trip to the store in Madison and decided to take the bike. Heading west on Yandell, wouldn't you know it, I accidentally took a right instead of a left on US 51. At Nissan Parkway I took a left and then missed the turn for I-55 south. Arriving at Hwy 22 I took a left, this has some nice sweeping curves and I didn't notice I missed another left until I came to Flora. Crossing US 49, shoot missed another turn, I continued on 22 to Brownsville. There I finally remembered to turn left and headed south. Coming into Bolton, something distracted me and I missed my turn onto I-20, continued through Bolton to Raymond. At the water tower "downtown" I remembered my left turn on the road to Clinton. Just outside of town is an entrance to the Natchez Trace and I jumped on that. Coming back to the Madison/Ridgeland area I needed some fuel so I got off on US 51. As I finished filling up I realized that I had forgotten to bring my mask. So I got back on the Trace and took it to Hwy 43 which is only four miles from the house. I picked up my mask and headed into Madison. Picked up what I needed and then headed back home. Oh, and a stop at my favorite beer store for a pint and picking up a six pack at the turn back onto Yandell. Made it home finally, mission accomplished. Turned a routine 20 mile ride into a 120 mile ride. A good day, but sorry, no pictures.
It sounds like you also forgot your blue painter's tape. :D
Glad you are having fun.

·
Administrator
15,062 Posts
I tried to get him to ride with me to Butler Al on Saturday for a bisquit at Hardees but he had work to do.
Martena would have been okay with me riding with you for the day. But she would have been stressing about the items I didn't get done. They are all done now except for one, and I'll get that this morning. Hope you got along well without me. I'm sure it was a struggle.

Reactions: Luv2fish and NREMTP

·
Registered
754 Posts
Martena would have been okay with me riding with you for the day. But she would have been stressing about the items I didn't get done. They are all done now except for one, and I'll get that this morning. Hope you got along well without me. I'm sure it was a struggle.
It was very lonely but I survived. I am coming bac on Wednesday. Will you be back south by then.

·
Administrator
15,062 Posts
It was very lonely but I survived. I am coming bac on Wednesday. Will you be back south by then.
I'm working remotely from my Meltonville (Gluckstadt) location this week. I do have to be in Vicksburg Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to help with an AmeriCorps fire crew training we have set up. Friday is a career day and will take all day. Saturday and Sunday will just be in the mornings to administer a pack test to those who want to be on the crew. Sunday afternoon I may have to head back to Wiggins to be there for work Monday. I'm back north most weekends. That grass just won't cut itself.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm working remotely from my Meltonville (Gluckstadt) location this week. I do have to be in Vicksburg Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to help with an AmeriCorps fire crew training we have set up. Friday is a career day and will take all day. Saturday and Sunday will just be in the mornings to administer a pack test to those who want to be on the crew. Sunday afternoon I may have to head back to Wiggins to be there for work Monday. I'm back north most weekends. That grass just won't cut itself.
I planted emo grass, now my lawn cuts itself.

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Registered
285 Posts
I rode with my buddy Jim today. Headed NE of Edmonton to Lamont County, who have 47 churches in the county and proclaim to be the “Church Capital of North America “. We were looking for Ukrainian Churches to photograph. Rode about 300 km round trip.
95DFF007-0519-4904-925F-15C37455BE38.jpeg
7D916FFB-56E5-4E49-8E70-28B31B09B8CA.jpeg
45A7CBCD-0992-43E5-B84A-1C2D7739A3C3.jpeg

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I rode with my buddy Jim today. Headed NE of Edmonton to Lamont County, who have 47 churches in the county and proclaim to be the “Church Capital of North America “. We were looking for Ukrainian Churches to photograph. Rode about 300 km round trip.
I do believe some of those look familiar :)

I got out this afternoon for a ride as well. Did a loop south of here, over west to Beaumont, Devon, north through Stony Plain the to Hwy 37 and back to the Fort. Sure was a nice day for riding. Unfortunately though my Sena SRL seems to have died. Ran out of battery power along the way and now it won't charge at all. This is the 2nd time this has happened. The first time was within 2 months of buying it and Sena replaced it, but now it's 2 years old they probably won't do anything. Sent them a message on their website today, so hopefully will have some idea what's going on soon. We're thinking of going for a ride for a few days in 2 weeks so I need something by then. Frustrating! :mad:

Reactions: NREMTP and Maui

·
Registered
285 Posts
I do believe some of those look familiar :)

I got out this afternoon for a ride as well. Did a loop south of here, over west to Beaumont, Devon, north through Stony Plain the to Hwy 37 and back to the Fort. Sure was a nice day for riding. Unfortunately though my Sena SRL seems to have died. Ran out of battery power along the way and now it won't charge at all. This is the 2nd time this has happened. The first time was within 2 months of buying it and Sena replaced it, but now it's 2 years old they probably won't do anything. Sent them a message on their website today, so hopefully will have some idea what's going on soon. We're thinking of going for a ride for a few days in 2 weeks so I need something by then. Frustrating! :mad:
Glad you had a great ride today too! Sorry to hear about your Sena batteries. Does Sena even sell them separately?

Reactions: armsrn
861 - 880 of 1024 Posts