Honda Goldwing Forum banner

801 - 820 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Put 400 miles on the new girl, down to La Grange, KY for the night. On to Buchanan, TN tomorrow for "Ferry STOC, an ST1300 event (on the 'wing).

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
Ps 68:33

·
Registered
468 Posts
Did this event use to be at Paris Landing State Park, camping and staying at lodge? They cross Ferries on Ohio, Mississippi, Tennessee and Cumberland Rivers?

·
Super Moderator
28,042 Posts
Put 400 miles on the new girl, down to La Grange, KY for the night. On to Buchanan, TN tomorrow for "Ferry STOC, an ST1300 event (on the 'wing).

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
That's fitting, you have brought an ST to a Goldwing event.....

:ROFLMAO:

An ST, I would ride with any day, too.

Sure hope you can make AZ over Labot Day, it will be great to ride together again.

·
Super Moderator
11,335 Posts
That is a GREAT commercial.

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
I can only guess that you got your Goldwing wet and it shrunk!
my foot just doesn't seem to want to heal up so big bikes are out for now

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, not JUST for fun, but...

I rode 300 miles to get an allergy shot in Midland yesterday. You may have heard about all the rain we got here in Michigan recently. Well, from my little town of Ithaca, over to Midland is normally a nice twisty 50 miles along the Pine River - nice ride. Well, with 2 dams breaking northwest of Midland, "you can't get there from here"!

So, I got within 4 miles of the allergy clinic, only to see a "ROAD CLOSED" sign on the major east-west highway into Midland (M20), so... I worked my way around the water, going all the way up to Gladwin / M61 before I could get back down to Midland from the north - so, the normal 50-minute ride took me 2.5 hours!

So I was about the only one there, but I did get my injection. Then, it was time to come home. Since I didn't want to repeat that trip back, I tried to get home the southern route. LONGER! Couldn't get across the Titabawasee / Saginaw rivers until I went all the way THRU Saginaw, to I-75. Then I had to go all the way down to Birch Run to get headed back towards home.

If it wasn't such a fine day, it would have been a frustrating experience, but the ST1300 just ate-up those 300 miles and, since I passed a lot of other vehicles (major fun on the ST) and I didn't pay much attention to speed limits, I had a nice 5-hour ride.

(Phone died, or I wouldaa got more pics)

·
Super Moderator
15,090 Posts
met up with family over at mom's house to celebrate her 91st birthday then headed over to ford park and a stop at ST. martin church
20200524_174347.jpg
20200524_174755.jpg
20200524_182731.jpg
20200524_182741.jpg
20200524_183715.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Rode from Edmonton out to Fort Saskatchewan, about a 30 minute ride form my place, to meet with another GWOF member for the first time - @edmKC. He let me borrow his MadStad 14" windshield in place of my 12" windshield, to see what the difference would be. After trying it out for a short while, I decided I think I can now find the sweet spot with my 12" MadStad windshield. Then I rode to Sherwood Park on my way back to Edmonton and had a visit with the previous owner of my Goldwing to show him the changes I have made. He was impressed and happy to see it again, and we had a good "socially distant" chat on his front driveway. Then I came home and cut the grass.....

·
Super Moderator
14,126 Posts
Taking a break from getting things in the house ready to move, wife needed a couple things from the grocery. I quickly volunteered. Took the bike the long way out to the Natchez Trace just east of here and into Ridgeland. There were a lot of people along the Ross Barnett Reservoir. Every pull-off and parking area was packed. Just a 25 mile ride but it was good for the soul.

801 - 820 of 828 Posts