Honda Goldwing Forum banner

781 - 800 of 828 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
Hit the senior shopping hour this morning, divided up the groceries and then we watched the grandkids while my daughter in law went to a medical appointment. Finally got out on the GW about 1:30 and decided to head out to the northern neck. Stopped by Westmoreland State Park to look at potential camping later in the year. Park is closed to camping right now but we sat by the Potomac River for a bit watching several folks on the beach ignoring the Gov’s order. Heading home the quick route as the clouds were getting dark. This was the first ride for the wife this year so it is best to keep it short and dry!

Nice day for a ride and spending time together. 130 miles round trip.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Went for a ride yesterday it was a bit windy gusts up to 50mph but it was great first warmer sunny day that we have had in a while. Rode the countryside mostly at a pretty good lean angle. The trees and the farms are just starting to turn green and the spring smells are just starting to come out. Great ride.😁

·
Super Moderator
28,042 Posts
Went for a ride yesterday it was a bit windy gusts up to 50mph but it was great first warmer sunny day that we have had in a while. Rode the countryside mostly at a pretty good lean angle. The trees and the farms are just starting to turn green and the spring smells are just starting to come out. Great ride.😁
There some great roads in the farmlands of your area, that's for sure.

·
Registered
194 Posts
We try to bypass the large towns and highways and just enjoy the scenery, we are lucky to live in one of scenic and historical areas in PA. Plus we go north and we have mountains and woods from Ohio to New York, South and we have the ocean. Day rides are always interesting as we never have a destination in mind just a direction and then we choose roads at random. We never get lost cause we always know where we are, we are here, we just don't know where here is and that is the fun.😁

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!
We went on a 180 mile round trip north of Del Rio, TX this morning and the most exciting thing about the whole trip was stopping for gas. The 1st pic is the wife. The second pic is the kids.

Im K.C. What year is your GW?

·
Super Moderator
28,042 Posts
We try to bypass the large towns and highways and just enjoy the scenery, we are lucky to live in one of scenic and historical areas in PA. Plus we go north and we have mountains and woods from Ohio to New York, South and we have the ocean. Day rides are always interesting as we never have a destination in mind just a direction and then we choose roads at random. We never get lost cause we always know where we are, we are here, we just don't know where here is and that is the fun.😁
Yeah we had many great riding adventures when we lived in PA.

We would occasionally go to Baltimore for lunch, Watkins Glen for a weekend, and the PA wilds (Wellsboro area) for ice cream. Or of course down your way for Chocolate/Pretzel and Amish country riding.

Good times and great roads. We used to live in Frackville (Schuylkill County)

·
Super Moderator
11,335 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Years ago when I ran a auto repair garage a mechanic and I would ride to Baltimore for breakfast at a little diner and then back to Lebanon County to work. Last time wife and I were though there it is now a Walmart. Took a ride through Lancaster County today and there were signs all over of farm land being zoned either commercial or multi-family residsntal, I some times wonder where we are going to grow food in ten years.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Got out for a countryside ride with my wife this afternoon. First time of four her this year. Didn't go far; maybe 80 or 90k. Went and looked through a couple of lakeside subdivisions, then back home. It was a nice day out at 20C (65F).

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,335 Posts
Years ago when I ran a auto repair garage a mechanic and I would ride to Baltimore for breakfast at a little diner and then back to Lebanon County to work. Last time wife and I were though there it is now a Walmart. Took a ride through Lancaster County today and there were signs all over of farm land being zoned either commercial or multi-family residsntal, I some times wonder where we are going to grow food in ten years.
It's the same around here. Almost everyplace that used to be farms, is being broken up and turned into housing.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I rode to Historic Murray's Mill. Nice little water wheel mill and pond.

I didn't get off and walk around or take any photos. There was a family there with a young girl in a prom dress taking pictures. I felt bad for kids not being able to go to their dances and play sports right now and didn't want to disturb them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey fossil92 ride north went through Frackville and all around ended up at Cracker Barrel by Cabella's had a picnic lunch with the better half on the lawn. All in all a great day. Seems nobody in Frackville knows Fossil92 did find someone that knew a Fossil91 is that your dad.😁 👍

·
Super Moderator
28,042 Posts
Hey fossil92 ride north went through Frackville and all around ended up at Cracker Barrel by Cabella's had a picnic lunch with the better half on the lawn. All in all a great day. Seems nobody in Frackville knows Fossil92 did find someone that knew a Fossil91 is that your dad.😁 👍
You know how it is when you are in a program where you have to keep a low profile?

;)

781 - 800 of 828 Posts