Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my wing last Sept. I noticed that the heat vents were working great. I could turn the lever up for "cool" air or down for hotter air. Now that we are into colder weather I don't feel any hot air coming from the heat vent. Is this normal? Is there too much colder air coming across the rads that the heat is being disapated?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I like what TL linked but if funds are limited and you have some thick plastic or plexiglass and a scroll saw and sander + a couple of these (see picture) you are in business as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
L2R, give me a little more info. as to where the plexi is going, etc. I don't have the funds so need to be creative.
BTW, happy new year.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
make yer own

Hey man, there are pictures of them on the net but for whatever reason, that website is down and still down today. So I can't give you a picture but I think you can imagine what they should look like. I would just make them with a little smaller to cover the hole but not rub the paint. and of course, you need one for each side.
I would also use an o ring between the bolt head and plexiglass as a spacer along with a big washer to spread the pressure. This for vibration and pressure absorbtion as you don't want to overtighten it and fracture a vent.

This is where the majority of you air is going so blocking it holds it a little longer and forces more thru your knee vents. Just keep an eye on your temp gauge but this seems to have been done so many times someone is now manufacturing them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O.K. I see where it goes now. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
btw,

if you HAVE to buy the plexiglass or plastic. about the cheapest small sheet can be found at wallyworld in kitchen section. less than 10 bucks for a cutting board and it will be big enough to make both.

·
Super Moderator
11,816 Posts
I like what TL linked but if funds are limited and you have some thick plastic or plexiglass and a scroll saw and sander + a couple of these (see picture) you are in business as well.

Commonly known as toggle bolts.

:):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts