Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My camera just ran out of batts, so here is a written description...

The passenger seat had a lower-back curved pad/cushion velcro'ed to the back of the trunk between the passenger backrest rest on top and the seat itself. It blew off yesterday on the interstate. Any ideas on where to find a replacement? ... other than the interstate :)

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Greg was that piece aproximatley 8-10 inches high & although padded not really thick about 1/2" to 1"?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fouhnd th epart on the side of the interstate on my way to class tonight. Ripped up a little buty serviceable! I figured it would be nearly imposs to replace, so im glad i saw it when i went whizzing by it at 70mph :) Stopped several hundred yards up the highway and jogged back to get it.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
if you decide you need one, ebay is about the only place that comes to mind where someone is parting out a bike and willing to give up just that part.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
On my 1500 that was an intergral part of the seat. It was sewn to the seat cover itself and has a zippered pouch with a rain / sun cover inside. Sure wish the 1800 haad the same thing. Glad that you found it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think you might have a road sofa by saddleman it come with that piece they sell new one check out their site
Actually, I don't think it's a road sofa. The passenger backrest is not part of the seat at all. It's purely academic now since I recovered the piece that flew off my bike form the interstate a few days after I lost it. I'm sure glad that I did since I couldn't find a replacement.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
On my 1500 that was an intergral part of the seat. It was sewn to the seat cover itself and has a zippered pouch with a rain / sun cover inside. Sure wish the 1800 haad the same thing. Glad that you found it.
The seat cover was on the SE version of the 1500 only, not the Aspencade or Interstate.

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
Then that means the seat on my 1993 GL1500A is not original, because it has a compartment with a cover inside like the SE.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Glad you found your part GW. I had one of th saddlebag lids come off my 1200 once (my fault for not checking the latches), costly mistake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts