Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
After a few year absence having sold my goldwing, I'm thinking about getting another. As I recall they're no longer built in the US? Is this correct? Are they built in Japan now? With some of the manufacturers getting bikes built in China, I'd like to have a good idea of where they're made now.

Any issues with the post USA bikes?

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
2010 model which is out now is the last year they were built in Marysville Ohio. The 2011 will be built in Japan. Everyone thinks that 2011 will bring a change to the Wings since they have to open a new plant, why use the same of style and change it later.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Joe,
Thanks very much for the info. It sounds like perhaps I might wait to see wht the 11 model looks like , tho some of us are planning a ride to Nova Scotia in May June next year so will probably end up getting a 10 or earlier model. I had an 05 which was a great bike.

Chris

2010 model which is out now is the last year they were built in Marysville Ohio. The 2011 will be built in Japan. Everyone thinks that 2011 will bring a change to the Wings since they have to open a new plant, why use the same of style and change it later.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The 09's and 10's are the same bike, only color change. They have a TPMS and XM radio that's the only change from 08. And 08 you could buy base model without heated grips and seat. Which don't work all that great anyway. If you can find an 08 you might be better off getting one of those, you could save a lot of money and the TMPS on the 09 and 10's isn't any good anyway. You can add XM to an 08 for a few dollars.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. As Joe said, all Wings will be built in Japan. Although the next model will be designated a 2011, you may find that Honda brings it out early like some auto manufactures do. It may even be available for your trip in the spring.

I have an 09 and like the heated seats and grips. Went out this morning it was 46 degrees and the grips and seat felt really great. I've not had a problem with the TPMS system so far on my bike. Well enjoy your trip and Ride safe.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the tips and welcome guys. I had a k1200lt with heated grips before, they were a nice feature, think heated gloves with the heated jacket might work best for me this go around.

I'll be lurking......... :)

Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
made in japan

green wing - 60 - 70 mpg
6 speed tranny
windshield wiper
improved design for wet weather protection
electronics

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I have to agree with TW on the grips and seat heater, they are terrific. The thermometer went into the negatives (*C) for the first time here this morning, and the hot grips and heated seat are great. One ust has to remember that the pavement is slippery in the cold temps, and moisture on it is, well...you get the picture. My buddy that works for Honda is real closed lipped about the 2011 model, but remember the wheels of change in the Big Red camp turn slowly. I wouldn't be surprised to see an electric windshield and some suspension tweaks (front fork maybe:D), not likely anything engine related, but I could be wrong there. Biggest downside could be end user pricing, MSRP's could very well increase with the relocation of production to Japan; not a good thing for us as cunsumers.:(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where built

All the Goldwings are built in Japan and up through 2009 were assembled in Marysville Ohio. I just purchases a 2010 and it was built and assembled in Japan.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts