Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was coming home last night from work and the right wheel cover peeled off my wing i pulled over soon as it did but it was dark out and not a safe road to be on .. i am heading out this morning to see if i can find it .. when i pulled over last night and put the flashers on the darn button stuck too .... hope i find my cover at least to save the lights i'm sure the cover is toast.. wish me luck

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Good luck on your search. As far as the stuck button goes, while you're out run to Radio Shack or similar & get yourself a can of Electric Contact spray. Don't use WD40. Spray the switch as best you can, then use some air to blow it out a bit & you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Do you mean Ring of Fire?
I found mounting screws loose for mine recently! Used a dab of blue loctite on all. No further problems.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
heading out now before traffic starts up... already a little 40 in it ooopppps...keep you posted
Like the Maestro said it won't ruin it but what it will do is attract dirt & gum it up quicker than before.

Just get some Contact spray & redo the action and all will be well.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
depends on what style and which side rotor cover he might need. i still have the old style chrome left rotor cover, the right one got taken out by a piece of metal on the road. make sure the bracket didn't get bent or the nuts stripped

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i found the chrome part not realizing there is another part to cover the top part that may be a little harder to find anybody know any one who has 99 se 1500 parts???
gotta get ready for work now ....at least i found the main part

·
Registered
125 Posts
WD40 leaves an oil residue that does attract dirt. At work we use another type spray fro lots of things. It's called ballistol and it's biodegradable. It will penatrate, displace moisture, lubricate and clean. It can even be used to clean leaves of small plants to protect them from the bugs that eat them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i believe it is the ring of fire . the man i bought it from has this xtra part on the outside of the hub .. i have a pic on phone that i will post .. on the way back to work i did stop and find 3 pieces of the piece that covers the top mounting for the hub ... the one piece i did find has the part number on it ... anybody know where i may get that piece??
chrome world is right down the road from me not sure if they handle those kind of parts...

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Check all the salvage yards in your area, you never know what might turn up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts