Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Administrator
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deep inside of all of us, there's one supremely magic motorcycle that just rings your bell. One that is likely all but unattainable, if not impossible to get your hands on. This is my "Holy Grail", impossible rare, expensive and I'd almost kill to get one. Made only from 1981-1983 it's the bike that really put Honda in the forefront of Suoerbike racing in the day...legendary really. CB1100R. I was fortunate enough to take a short spin on one, I was one of only two people he ever let ride it, with the understanding that "if I broke it, I bought it". Nerve wracking to say the least, as I didn't have $25 large to throw away at the time, and he wouldn't even take my VF500 as partial pyment (was a moped to him he said). Fortunately the ride was 'damage uneventful' but I'll never forget the feeling of having a real racing thoroughbred betweeen my knees.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I guess I would want the Dodge Tomahawk....If I'm just wishing;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
Now if I am short term dreaming:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
R.B. that CB is right up there, strangley I've always been really attracted to this.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,640 Posts
Mine would have to be the 1976 GL1000 Limited.
I've heard that one sold at the Barrett Jackson Auction for $28,000.00.

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
So many to choose from....this is one of my favorites....

Mark

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
So many to choose from....this is one of my favorites....

Mark
Do you think the wife would ride on the back of that one.....

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Deep inside of all of us, there's one supremely magic motorcycle that just rings your bell. One that is likely all but unattainable, if not impossible to get your hands on. This is my "Holy Grail", impossible rare, expensive and I'd almost kill to get one. Made only from 1981-1983 it's the bike that really put Honda in the forefront of Suoerbike racing in the day...legendary really. CB1100R. I was fortunate enough to take a short spin on one, I was one of only two people he ever let ride it, with the understanding that "if I broke it, I bought it". Nerve wracking to say the least, as I didn't have $25 large to throw away at the time, and he wouldn't even take my VF500 as partial pyment (was a moped to him he said). Fortunately the ride was 'damage uneventful' but I'll never forget the feeling of having a real racing thoroughbred betweeen my knees.
Found this one:

http://columbus-oh.geebo.com/vehicles/view/id/44965735-1983_honda_cb1100f/

·
Premium Member
23,805 Posts
The Victory Vision. Not sure I want to own one as my primary tour bike, but the brief time I rode one took my breath away. I can still en-Vision myself on one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I already have the bike of my choice in my wing, but if I had time and desire again I would hunt down a Rokon Automatic just to play with.

·
Super Moderator
15,126 Posts
some guy had an 1100f on cl for $3000 last summer. i passed on a '76 ltd because it was more of a roller than a wing. but to hear an rz on the pipe or the nr750, sounds like an f1 car and those oval pistons are truly a work of art. when the nr 500 race bike came out i was a student in engeneering school mocking up oval pistons on the computer and having a he** of a time getting the rings to seat

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
I already have the bike of my choice in my wing, but if I had time and desire again I would hunt down a Rokon Automatic just to play with.
Forgot all about the Rokon. They were cool.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
Red Baron can I change my mind? I forgot about this baby as well.

These were bad looking.:cool: ALL MOTOR.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
Do you think the wife would ride on the back of that one.....
Charlie,

She rode on the back of my '06 Suzuki Katana 750....she was a trooper I tell ya! I don't think she'll go back to a sport bike!!! LOL

Mark

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Red Baron can I change my mind? I forgot about this baby as well.

These were bad looking.:cool: ALL MOTOR.
I did drool over that one when it first came out. But never got close to owning one. Had to settle for my Yamaha TX500..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
Might sound stupid, but in a few years I'd like to find a new engine/transmission and carbs and have them installed in Big Red. Love this Bike.:eek:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.