Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having trouble for the last 3 - 4 days with this site . It takes ages to load and at times it just gives you an empty page and you have to refresh. I know its not my desk top computer because i get the same thing on my work computer and my lap top. I try another goldwing site and everything is ok. Has anyone else been having trouble or is it that i am too far away.

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Considering it is about 9:30 p.m your time when you posted this I would guess that you are always ahead of us. Change the time zone on the computer to get in sync with us. On a side note: National Geographic has a nice article and pics on Fraser Island in the September issue.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm in SE Kansas and have been having no problems at all. I'd guess that there's a router or server somewhere in the route that is having problems and is slowing down your connection. I've experienced that on boards before. Depending on your location and where your connection gets routed through, you may hit a traffic jam.

Hoss

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Most of the times I have no problems. Some times when switching from one page to another I get a blank screen for a few seconds but then it's O.K.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
I always thought the site was slow compared to others, but when I asked that question when I first joined no one seemed to think the same way. I know it's not my pc, so somewhere in the mix is a slow server that may be the issue. I've just gotten use to it. Your issue seems more severe, so I hope it gets resolved. Keep trying, we're here...

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
It's likely from that time travel you have to do to get over here LOL. I think CVHoss hit the nail on the head with timing and internet traffic. Even with fiber optics, traffic loads get intense and slows things down. I've had the odd blank page like Joe mentioned, but after putting in a different ISP it's alot faster. The first outfit took 3 days to send a tech out to 'look' at the problem; was up and running with the new provider the first night. Go p*** up a rope Telus!

·
Registered
835 Posts
No problem in Ontario Canada Wing. Have you checked your ping to the site? There is a lot of "candy" on the site = slow d/load time. I doubt it's cause everything runs in reverse in Oz :).
Strat

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I have no problem with the site, everything loads fast

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I,ve been having the sme problems, seems like it wants to load every page twice and then somtimes I also get a blank page.:confused:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know its not on my side because i surf on 3 different computers that are on 3 different routers and different locations. It used to be ok until last week.

I doubt it's cause everything runs in reverse in Oz .
You would think so.

siht ekil daer dluow tsop ym esac eht saw taht fi tub

:p
hint use a mirror or rorrim a esu tnih

·
Registered
154 Posts
WingDownUnder,
The forum flies for me on a number of PCs. If you're seeing slowness on multiple PCs, sounds like your Internet provider or an issue with a node in the route. Could also be too many files cached in Internet Explorer or whatever browser you are running.

If you are running Windows (XP, Vista, 7 etc.) open a DOS window (Start button, choose Run, type in CMD). A DOS command window should open.

Type in "tracert www.goldwingowners.com" and hit enter key.

The computer will trace the route from your PC to the forum web page. It will show you how many hops and the milliseconds delay for each. You want to see low times in milliseconds for each hop like 50ms or less.

Yes, I guess I could be classified as a "nerd". I've been working in IT for what seems like forever!

Rob

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
siht ekil daer dluow tsop ym esac eht saw taht fi tub

But upside down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts